Anyone bought the freedom Scrapbook kit?

jdkey

I have been told there was a kit available in the photo shop that has logos of the Ship's name??? I didn't see it on the Freedom & was wondering if anyone had bought one & could tell me if it was worth it.

Thanks,

Debbie

Ok Let me rephrase it. Has anyone seen the scrapbook kit of the Freedom of the Seas? I was told (after I got home) that they sell it in the photo shop.

Thanks.

Debbie

Debbie - I don't know about the Freedom kit, but there was a Sovereign album when I was on her in August...I wasn't that impressed with it. It said "scrapbook" on the plastic wrap protective covering, but it was really more like a photo album than a scrapbook, and I couldn't find printed on it anywhere that it was acid free. I can't remember if it was 8 1/2 x 11 or 12 x 12.

They did have a beautiful Caribbean scrapbook that I bought instead. It was the post bound type with the top-loading page protectors. The outside had a pretty tropical color scheme with a map theme, had pretty much all the Caribbean islands, Florida, etc., with little tiny palm trees, sail boats, and other tropical designs scattered all over. I think it was about $25.

Hope this info helps a little! Happy scrappin'! :)

Thanks Martha! I'll look for that album in Jan. when we will be on the Sovereign again. I didn't know to look in the photo shop for the scrapbooking pages but have been told on CC that they have some there. They are missing a great market if they don't. I would love to find a kit w/pages for each ship I've been on. Heck they could sell them online!

Thanks again I'll look for the album you described.

Debbie

Hi

I just came back from the Radiance two weeks ago and bought the scrapbook you are talking about. It has an insert on the cover with a picture of a ship and another insert for the ships name. When you buy the scrapbook, they take out the picture of the ship and then let you choose one of the pictures they have of the ship that they want you to buy. You get the picture with the price of scrapbook. When you open the scrapbook you will see a paper with all the ships names and you choose which one you want to put in the insert of the cover.

They also had a set of pages for the inside. It had stickers, ribbons, etc. I was thinking of buying that also, but I went with just the scrapbook. I think the price was $24.95. We were on the Explorer earlier in the year and the scrapbook was not there.

I could kick myself, I have been told they had them on the Freedom which we were on in Oct. but I never saw them. We were in the photo shop area many times too. I looked in the gift shop but didn't see them there. Oh well I'll look on the Sovereign in Jan.

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie,

If you don't see them out I would just ask if they had them. I will be honest with you, I don't remember seeing them the first two nights, but they were there after that. So maybe someone asked about them and they put them out. There was a lady in line behind me buying two of them. She was buying one for a friend who had been on another ship and couldn't find them either.

Patti

When I was on the Legend of the Seas last week, I bought the 12x12 scrapbook album. It is a post bound album that has 15 pages. The cover has cutouts for a picture of your ship and the name of your ship. Inside the album is a page with the names of all of the Royal Caribbean ships, so all you have to do is take one out and insert it into the cover. A picture of the ship is included in the price of the album (about $30 if I remember correctly). Since the place where the name of the ship goes says "Caribbean Vacation Memories" in the same font as the names of the ships, I plan on using this album for all of my Royal Caribbean cruises. I will use the ship names on the individual pages inside the scrapbook. Fortunately, none of my ship names are printed back-to-back (ship names are printed on both sides of the paper).

You can also purchase a scrapbook page kit that is in the same style as the album. It includes 2 each of 8 patterned papers, 68 pieces of solid reversible die cut shapes, 2 12x12 solid reversible papers, 9 pieces 3-D embellishments, 11 pieces journaling shapes, 11 shaped sticker tags, 2 pieces border, 39 pieces of die cut shapes, 98 stickers, 6 ribbons 14" each, 2 glue pens, and a black marker. I think it was $25 and also included a picture of the ship (you pick the picture).

I thought it was worth the price.

Thanks for all the info! I will look and ask if I don't see them. You would think RCI would have these available in the scrapbook classes if not the gift shop! They really are missing a change to make a buck & that is not like them! LOL

Debbie

Debbie,

I went to the scrapbooking classes on the Explorer. They are pretty basic and I had heard about the scrapbooks, but nothing was ever mentioned. I thougt it was strange that they didn't mention it. When I started looking for it I understood why---they didn't have them. I am not sure why they are not promoting these more.

Patti

Archived