Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:18 PM.
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
7,487 Posts
Joined May 2000
Attached is a link providing some of the first interior pics of NORWEGIAN PEARL. I can't say I'm overly impressed. Aqua/Turquoise is not a favorite color of mine and this ship seems loaded with it. The atrium seems especially hideous to me. Much of the decor and style is repeated from previous NCL ships. Cabins are basically the same. The bowling alleys (there are four lanes all together) are an interesting concept. How practical on a moving ship I don't know? I don't think they are self-levitating like the pool tables on Royal Caribbean.

Ernie

http://www.nedcruise.info/norwegian_pearl.htm
329 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
I agree, some of the color choices are a little BRIGHT. I think I might have to cancel my trip.

Kidding aside...thanks for posting those, they were nice to look at.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL Noordam - South Pacific (Dec '17-Jan '18)
HAL Noordam - Southern Caribbean (Jan '15)
HAL Westerdam - Eastern Caribbean (Feb '14)
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam - Mediterranean Romance (Sep '13)
NCL Jade - Eastern Mediterranean (Jan '09)
HAL Volendam - Southern Caribbean Panama (Feb '08)
NCL Pearl - Southern Caribbean (Jan '07)
HAL Zuiderdam - Eastern Caribbean (Jan '06)
HAL Oosterdam - Eastern Caribbean (Dec '04)
NCL Sun - Western Caribbean (Jan '04)
Aegean Dolphin - Greek Isles (Aug '93)
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
7,487 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by KCat
I agree, some of the color choices are a little BRIGHT. I think I might have to cancel my trip.

Kidding aside...thanks for posting those, they were nice to look at.

Color choices aside (and I'm sure some people love aqua/turquoise), she is a brand new ship and no doubt will be a blast to sail on. I'm real curious to get a first hand account of the bowling alley.

Ernie
South Jersey
2,502 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
I know what you mean by the same old colors...nothing new actually. I would have liked to see more use of "earth tones"...amber, tans, browns, beiges and golds. Oh well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Home Lines Atlantic 5/1988 Bermuda.............................Disney Wonder 10/1998 Bahamas
Carnival Triumph 7/2002 Nova Scotia /Canada.............Carnival Legend 10/2003 Caribbean
NCL - Dawn 1/2005 Caribbean NCL ............................NCL Gem 1/2010 - Eastern Caribbean
NCL Breakaway 1/2018 Western Caribbean.......

Those who say you can't take it with you, never saw my luggage packed for a cruise!
20,069 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by eroller
Color choices aside (and I'm sure some people love aqua/turquoise), she is a brand new ship and no doubt will be a blast to sail on. I'm real curious to get a first hand account of the bowling alley.

Ernie
We have 32 bowlers and a transatlantic tournament planned.

FYI - the lanes are 2 feet shorter then regulation.

Boca Raton, Florida
3,170 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Any idea how much they'll be charging for the bowling? I can imagine there will quite a demand for games. Are they also renting shoes?
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
7,487 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by CruisinMatt
Any idea how much they'll be charging for the bowling? I can imagine there will quite a demand for games. Are they also renting shoes?

I don't know how much the charge will be. I'm just glad there are no cabins directly under the bowling alley. Can you imagine! The main dining room is directly under and I wonder if you will be able to hear the rumble from above?

Ernie
0 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
What a lovely ship, BRIGHT colors and all. No surprise to me that they stayed with these color choices...the BIG surprise would have been if they did change to muted earth tones.

As long as they don't start filling up the atrium with those dreaded URNs (a la Carnival Legend) I'll be very happy to board the Pearl and hit the seas.

Thanks again for posting...perfect ending to a lovely holiday weekend!

Ciao,

W A W W !
20,069 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by CruisinMatt
They don't even know the pricing onboard as of yesterday Yes they are renting shoes, max 6 players to a lane.
414 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by shoreguy
Why????!!!!

Please do tell more when you try it out.

Oil patterns?

That matters most with RG: 2.51 / Diff: 50 spec ball.

16 pound ball ok? Or will they only allow house balls?

I have no problem bringing my own balls and shoes.

Haha I know it's for fun and it should be wacky fun on a rough day at sea!
0 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
We have 32 bowlers and a transatlantic tournament planned.

Shoreguy...this has got to be a first don't you think? I hope someone remembers to bring a camera on the cruise () and memorializes this most auspicious event. In all seriousness...a transatlantic bowling tournament really is a first isn't it?

I sure wish I was going along with you folks...I'll just have to wait until September (in a few more days, my "days until" will be down into the 200's!)

Have a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to your blog.

Ciao,

W A W W
Granbury, Texas
8,255 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
Thanks for the photos.

Also, the porters at the piers are going to dislike the Pearl, with all those extra pounds of bowling balls packed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Norwegian Spirit
On the sea whenever possible
2,599 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
Thanks for the pics. Now you've just added to the anticipation!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED: NCL Jade 2016, NCL Jade B2B 2015, NCL Breakaway 14, NCL Sun 13, NCL Pearl 11, NCL Dawn 11, B2B NCL Jade 10, NCL Pearl 09, NCL Spirit 09, NCL Sun 08, NCL Star 08, B2B NCL Pearl 07, NCL Star 06, NCL Jewel 06, CCL Destiny 05, NCL Dream 04, NCL Sky 03, CCL Fantasy 98, CCL Ecstasy 94, NCL Norway 89
5,181 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
They don't even know the pricing onboard as of yesterday Yes they are renting shoes, max 6 players to a lane.
My question that I would like you guys on the Trans-atlantic to answer is How do you reserve a lane? Is it first come first serve and they give beepers? What are the times they are open? Too many people to little time to try to get everyone to bowl at least once.
Granger, Indiana USA
4,534 Posts
Joined Jan 2000
Thanks for the pic's Shoreguy, she's a beautiful ship. As for bowling shoes, this is Freestyle! Crocs, flip-flops, socks, or bare feet are welcome!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thom
PADI Master Instructor #1244
NAUI Instructor #5036

NCL Dawn, Owners Suite, 2017, NCL Gem B2B out of San Juan 2016, NCL Getaway, NCL Escape 2016, NCL Sun 2015, NCL Getaway 2015, NCL Epic, 2015, NCL Jade 2014 21 days Eastern Med, NCL Sun 2013, Nieuw Amsterdam 2013, Zuiderdam 2012, NCL Epic 2011, Zuiderdam 2010, Westerdam 2009, NCL Pearl 2008, NCL Pearl 2007, Tahitian Princess 2006-07, NCL Sun 2006, NCL Spirit 2005, NCL Sky 2004, Zuiderdam 2003-04, NCL Sun 2003, NCL Sun 2002, Westerdam 2001, Ryndam 2000, Veendam 1999, Westerdam 1998, Westerdam 1997, Nieuw Amsterdam 1996, Noordam 1995-96