Excursion dilemma with an 18 yr. old -- advice needed

anne13

Cruising with husband and 18 yr. old on Brilliance of Seas with RCCL.

Looking for an excursion in Panama (and Costa Rica) that will keep the 18 yr. old excited and interested.

I realize that this is very subjective. We are looking for an excursion that isn't heavily lecture history based or on a bus or train for a long time.

What have been your experiences both good and bad?

Thank you.

Most tours in Panama require long rides as little is near Cristobal.

We do not have first hand experience, but many people reccomend myfriendmario.com for private tours. They offer several choices, one of which might be of interest. We will be there over the holidays and have reserved their a tour that includes stops at the Gatun Locks and and a fort before going to an island for snorkeling..

We are doing the white water rafting in Costa Rica, the reviews of this excursion have all be wonderful. It is through the cruiseline. In Panama we are doing the emberra indian village which involve a canoe ride and then you visit the actual village, be warned though that the women are topless if this would bother you with your son present. I have an 18 year old son and I know it wouldn't bother him. LOL:eek:

In Costa Rica we did the white water rafting with our almost 12 year old. It was great, I think your son would enjoy that. It is about 1 hour and 15 minute drive each way but the country side is beautiful and the guide is full of information. On the way back some people caught a snooze.

In Panama we did the 4 hour Charges river and rain forest eco walk. We also stopped at the canal obseratory on the way back. A really nice tour to see wildlife while only spending around 4 hours.

Archived