Residency rate

pach

I called RCI and the explained that they research what states they have customers form and if your state comes up that not so many have cruised with them then they put your state on the list for a discount! Right now on our cruise RCI has Illionos for a discount, we are from Indiana and have no discount!

RCCL runs specials for people from different states and does not relate to where the port is. Pretend book the cruise you are looking at and make sure you put your state in and if you are 55+ to see the if any discounts are being offered. If there is in fact a discount you will see the regular price and the discounted prices for the category that it applies to. Not every cruise or every category on a cruise is affected or discounted.

Hope this helps

Sue

last year just prior to our sailing on the Mariner - I called to check on the rate and they informed we that my I could also receive a discount for living in NH. It was nice to find out that we got a $200 dollar rebate for four of us. Since the cruise was paid for they credited my credit card. I don't think I would have known about this or gotten the rebate if I did not happen to call.

last year just prior to our sailing on the Mariner - I called to check on a rate change (because the rate happened to go down after we had paid) and they informed we that my I could also receive a discount for living in NH. It was nice to find out that we got a $200 dollar rebate for four of us. Since the cruise was paid for they credited my credit card. I don't think I would have known about this or gotten the rebate if I did not happen to call.

If you book w ith a residency rate...be careful....we had a TA that booked us using one and apparently didn't know that missouri is mo...so needless to say, we got to the port and after checking in they paged us and said we had to pay $500 more or not board. We were given a residency rate and our state was not part of it...needless to say we had to pay the $$ or not board...I learned then to pay attention to everything!!

Thanks for the tip.

I just sent an email to the RCI web site asking about a discount. I did a "faux" reservation and entered our state and it appears we would get a discount. I'm hoping to hear from them and will pass along the info if/when I do.

Our cabin cost us $719.00 per person and with the residency discount it is $669.00 pp.

Here's hoping!

Thanks for the tip.

I just sent an email to the RCI web site asking about a discount. I did a "faux" reservation and entered our state and it appears we would get a discount. I'm hoping to hear from them and will pass along the info if/when I do.

Our cabin cost us $719.00 per person and with the residency discount it is $669.00 pp.

Here's hoping!

Just call them and they will do it immediately on the phone. No need to wait for a return email.

Hmmm...I did call, and I got a message saying they were only open Mon-Fri till 5pm EST. So that's why I sent the email...

Does anyone have another phone number for RCI? I got the one off the web site.

Weebo

I have been bragging on this board about this since last Friday. My state finally showed up for the 1/21 sailing. C & A took care of it right away to the tune of 420.00. I was checking it everday to see if it went down but I didn't expect the residency state to kick in. Keep checking!!

We just recently moved to Georgia and I have yet to get my ID card (I don't drive) I read in the docs they sent that only 1 person needs to present an ID proving what state they live in, is this correct?

Forgot to answer your question. Yes, that's true. She said just one in the cabin needs to prove that.

Check here. They update this every week (usually), and it lists specials for ships, resident specials, senior specials, and sometimes reduced air specials.

http://creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

Also, this one lists the weekly "happy hour" new booking specials.

These are 1-day specials only.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

Check here. They update this every week (usually), and it lists specials for ships, resident specials, senior specials, and sometimes reduced air specials.

http://creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

Also, this one lists the weekly "happy hour" new booking specials.

These are 1-day specials only.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

The promorwave site does show resident specials for that week; however, not all cruises with residency rates are listed on that weekly list. The best way to to constantly check your cruise by doing the "pretend" reservation. I have gotten resident rate credits on 2 cruises in the past year. Keep checking!

I did finally get a hold of the person at RCI and when I asked about our residency discount, she told me I had to have my TA call them.

Just FYI to others out there. I guess don't waste time checking with Royal Caribbean themselves, but tell your travel agent so they can call for you. I wish I had seen this earlier, not sure if we'll still get it. I know it's only $50 pp, but it's something!! :)

The promorwave site does show resident specials for that week; however, not all cruises with residency rates are listed on that weekly list. The best way to to constantly check your cruise by doing the "pretend" reservation. I have gotten resident rate credits on 2 cruises in the past year. Keep checking!

Just for the record: The residency discount doesn't always show up on Royal's web site. I would suggest you always ask when you call to book your cruise. The only way we found out about a residency discount for our upcoming Splendour cruise was that I was checking out prices on a large travel agents web site where the discount for NJ appeared. Sure enough when I called Royal to book the cruise and mentioned this discount it was applied. I never would have known about it from Royal's web site.

Archived