Oldies Music Cruise - 10/27/07

AdeleMc

I know there are several music theme cruises on this board. Here is another - the next one we have is on the Carnival Glory featuring private shows, parties and themed events including a Sock Hop, and our ever popular "Monster Mash" pool party Halloween night hosted by Super Gold's own Mike Harvey. This group will be limited to only 400 people to give a more intimate experience on board - smaller lounges, and more up front and close with the bands. Should be a blast!

Hi LadyLeo, The itinerary is E. Caribbean Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten. (My personal favorite). This is a slightly different format than the Harmon or Clear Channel past Oldies cruises. The group will me smaller capping out at around 450 passengers allowing for a more intimate cruise experience with the talent. Plus there will be some exciting private shore excursions available as well.

The talent has not been announced yet, but should be this week. If you Google search Cruisin With The Oldies the website should come up. Or keep checking this thread. As soon as I hear about the talent, I'll post. I did the past 2 Clear Channel Oldies Cruises and now I have the Music Cruise Bug - in addition to regular cruises, I love the music themed cruises.

Thanks for the info! This cruise also sounds like a lot of fun, too. We just came back from being on the Costa Mediterranea "Concerts at Sea" cruise. That really hooked us for going on the "Oldies" cruises. I looked up the website and will be checking back to see if any more has been added.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah - we just added Terry Sylvester to our line up. The Hollies did popular songs like Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress), Bus Stop and More.

We have also invited Jack Civiletto from the NY area to perform. He performs the Sinatra classics, and his shows draw big crowds each week.

Of course, we can forget "Super Gold"'s own Mike Harvey. Mike has joined on several of our past Oldies cruises and is always a crowd favorite hosting both our "Monster Mash" halloween night and our ever popular Sock Hop!

• 1 year later...

I'm so sorry I can't be with you tonight at the celebration of your 20th Friend Entertainment Anniversary Show but I do want to extend my gratitude and thanks to you for the many years of keeping the oldies and Doo Wop music alive. After attending my first Friend Entertainment Show a number of years ago, I just knew that we connected as friends and that I needed for you to guide me in doing my first Friend Entertainment Oldies Concert Fundraiser. Needless to say I am now organizing our 7th fundraiser to offer scholarship awards and summer music lesson grants to our music students. Friend Entertainment has helped many organizations, clubs, individuals, and families reach their goals to meet their specific needs through fundraising efforts with your support. Your shows are the finest around, your performers each have their own individual style with a beautiful blend of talent and music, the amazing Sammy Sax & the MD's, the best and most talented band I've ever heard and of course Leslie & Denise, a "dynamic duo" together on stage. Continue to do what you love to do and that is keeping the Oldies alive. Wishing you and your ?Friend Entertainment? family continued success for at least another 20 years and for bringing us the many music memories to enjoy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived