Now I'm nervous!

RachelEllen

Oh my.

My husband I and just loved our cruises on Celebrity and Holland America, but a small ship cruise (not luxary level, but extremely nice) we took in Greece this past year just blew us away. We loved the slow pace, daily ports, relaxed schedule. We were considering Windstar to the Caribbean this winter, but our travel agent suggested Sea Dream, and it just looked too good to be true.

After crunching the numbers, we felt comfortable with the Guarentee rate that was (and still is) listed on thier website as best available rate. We even found plane tickets below $400 from Boston to St. Thomas. Our travel agent confirmed that the guarentee was available and that SeaDream would take the booking on Friday up until 6pm. We told her to book. And then SeaDream faxed her a confirmation that included the regular category II rate ($600 more per person). We cannot afford this rate.

She assured us that she had been on the phone with them an hour before the fax, but she got the fax at 5:58 and thier office closed at 6pm. She's sure it's just a mistake, but we are so nervous that the guarentee rate is just gone. And now we have to wait until Tuesday to sort it out.

Wish us luck!

Rae

p.s. Have not told husband about this, so it's nice to have a place to 'vent' Why should he worry too, nothing we can do until after the holiday!

Hmmm...all I could find on the Sea Dream was an overview, not a review. At least on Cruise Critic homepage anyway. Please let us know what your thoughts are on your cruise when you get back. It should be a great time. Who knows, you might even to rub elbows with an oscar presenter. Sea Dream tickets were part of the much coveted oscar baskets.

If you want to see a wonderful review, look at the one on the cruise diva website. Very detailed and lots of pictures.

We'll definitely post info upon our return!

Rae

p.s. Guarentee price went up by $200 yesterday. It must still exist, but I'm glad we got in at the lower rate!

Please look forward to a wonderful experience aboard the Sea Dream. The staff is spectacular and the food our of this world. Graciousness is always present. Those who complain about eating alone....must be very timid. The Staff always tries to accomodate your wishes. If you wish to sit with others..they seat you at a table where you may be joined or...seat you with others already waiting for company. ENJOY!

Archived