Stuart Cove's Snorkeling

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:13 AM.
Manassas, VA USA
2,141 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Has anybody tried Stuart Cove's Snorkeling? My husband and I would like to do some snorkeling while we are in Nassau. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Marietta, Ga.
1,064 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
it's a blast, go for it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sea 3/03
RCCL Sovereign 10/03
NCL Dream 3/7/2004
CCL Jubilee 7/24/2004
CCL Triumph 11/2005
CCL Fantasy 9/06
CCL Liberty 6/07
CCL Holiday 1/08
CCL Fascination 2/14
WASHINGTON,W.V.,USA
109 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
The snorkling excursion with the sharks that we did thru Stuart Coves was the best snorkling excursion we have ever done, and we have done plenty!!

Absolutly a wonderful experience!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"LET THE WINDS OF TIME BLOW OVER MY HEAD, ID RATHER DIE WHILE IM LIVING THAN LIVE WHILE IM DEAD" - J. BUFFETT
Manassas, VA USA
2,141 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Hi there, when you sign up with these folks how do you meet up with them and do you do all the itineraries on their website? I really want to do the shark feed plus all the other snorkeling. How long are the boat rides? Thanks, any information would be appreciated...
vermonter16

CCL Miracle 10/04
RCCL AOS 2/04
CCL Pride 1/03
Marietta, Ga.
1,064 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
They have 2 daily trips, the early morning trip and the afternoon trip. The afternoon trip picks up infront of the customs building at noon and will get you back by 6. They take you to 2 regular snorkle stops before the shark stop. You also do about a 30 min boat ride so you can see parts of the island.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sea 3/03
RCCL Sovereign 10/03
NCL Dream 3/7/2004
CCL Jubilee 7/24/2004
CCL Triumph 11/2005
CCL Fantasy 9/06
CCL Liberty 6/07
CCL Holiday 1/08
CCL Fascination 2/14
Houston, Tx
9,651 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Snorkeled with Stuart's Cove trip last September while on HAL's Zuiderdam. Booked it thru HAL. It's ~5 1/2 hour excursion, so booking thru HAL removed timing concerns. It's a great experience and very popular. The boat may be crowded, but the snorkeling is so extraordinary that it's worth the inconveniences. Following is my review:

Nassau: “Snorkel Bahamas Adventure” is a 5-˝ hour trip operated by Stuart’s Cove. This Stuart’s Cove outing surpassed all of my previous experiences. The boat trip is @ three hours, and visits Schoolhouse Reef, the spectacular Golden Key Reef and finally a “swim with the sharks” at ‘The Wreck of the Bahama Mama’. I have never before witnessed such a number and variety of fish as at Golden Key. There are never-ending fish, large and small, singly and in large schools. The floor is decorated with huge, magnificent coral formations of all shapes and sizes. While there, a shark cruised past our group. He obviously thought this was his ocean and didn’t know, nor care, that we weren’t scheduled for a shark encounter until after Golden Key. Surprisingly, getting in with a dozen or so sharks is not frightening. I suspect we were too caught up with their grace and magnificence to be scared. The fact that the boat captain hadn’t lost a diver in twelve years was also encouraging. This is a five star, gold medallion, prime trip, not to be missed!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1957 USS General A.E. Anderson Tokyo to San Francisco
1999 Norwegian Sea W. Caribbean
1999 Rotterdam VI Europe
2000 Mercury W. Caribbean
2000 Volendam S. Caribbean
2001 Viking Star Danube River
2001 Veendam E. Caribbean
2002 Veendam B2B Alaska
2003 Zuiderdam B2B W/E Caribbean
2004 Maasdam E. Caribbean