Suggestions for a great semi-casual seafood restaurant in Vancouver

I am just looking for a couple great casual to semi casual restaurants walking distance from the Hyatt on Burrard that serve great seafood. Any suggestions are really appreciated. I am also open to any other suggestions especially restaurants that offer outdoor patio seating. We will be in Vancouver one night pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise!! Thanks!

HAPPY CRUISING!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...Really good Seafood that comes with a high price tag is 'C' about one mile from the Hyatt. But, you are looking for casual...you could try Aqua Riva very close to Canada Place maximum 4 blocks from the Hyatt. It does have partial view, no patio, but really great food for a reasonable price.

Actual walking distance hotels will land you at Robson Street which boasts literally hundreds of choices. For seafood, you can try Joe Fortes - it has been hit or miss here with me, but there is plenty of atmosphere and a rooftop patio as well. Others always seem to really like it, I think sometimes it is just me. Moderate on Robson - try Don Francesco on Burrard Street. Francesco used to work for Umberto Menghi - a locally famous chef - his bistro is not too pretentious, and you will have a lovely gourmet meal.

Specifically seafood - if you are on Granville Island, I would recommend Sandbar for the Patio, and Bridges for the Seafood, these are local favourites.

In Yaletown - the seafood towers at Blue Water Cafe are fantastic (expensive) but, they have really great Martinis !

Remember your dollar will go a bit further here, so don't cringe at the prices and enjoy. I'm checking out the Chocolate Buffet at the Sutton Place tomorrow - I'll let you know how that goes!

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Archived