vancouver hotel

rngrblu9

hi all. what is the best hotel to stay in prior to our cruise in vancouver? we are looking for something not too expensive but still nice & close to the port. we will be sailing to alaska on the radiance of the seas on rccl. we are looking for some place to stay that we might be able to walk to port if we choose. thanks for all your help!

There are so many hotels in Vancouver, it's as hard to recommend one there as it would be for Waikiki Beach in Honolulu! Quite a few people have had luck with Priceline for hotels in Vancouver. If you are a little leary of Priceline, or need several rooms, try hellobc.com. We found great rates there, we didn't do priceline as we have people from all over the States joining us, making their own ressies.

You want to make sure you look for something in Downtown Vancouver. We have only been there once, it is a beautiful city and we look forward to seeing it again. I started out my search by going to Expedia, narrowing it down to the area we wanted, then I could read the specifics of each property. I got the advice for hellobc.com on the Alaska board, the rates we got for the Residence Inn were far lower than any other site I investigated. We booked that hotel as it has 2 room suites and we are doubling up in a few of the rooms.

Have fun with your search!

Radiance docks at Ballantyne Pier, not at Canada Place. From what I have read, you do not want to stay in that area and It can be a little dangerous to walk through. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the port, it is the surrounding area. I've also read that it may be a bit better for embarkation and disembarkation, since it isn't competing with 2 other cruise ships.

Here is the link for the port schedule http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/schedule.html

So, stay where you want in Downtown Vancouver, just plan on taking a taxi!

Archived