Cabin 8084 - Legend of the Seas -

Hi, has anyone stayed in this cabin? We have booked it for our 12 Night Med. cruise and would love to have some feedback (good or bad). Thanks

You will love it, we stayed in 8584, considering how old the ship is the room was in great shape, fantastic balcony and really wonderful to sit out there drinking your morning coffee watching the calm wake of the ship.

A little tip, look out for the stairs in the salon/spa area near the solarium, takes you down to near your cabins without having to go midship to use the normal stairs and you can get the coffee in the solarium area as well.

We are next door in 8086 in May so will let you know!

LB, are you doing the Med cruise? Any info on the ship, the aft cabins and the itinerary will be most welcomed. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

6monthshere6monthsthere: Just booked for May 2008. Saw your post about the backstairs near the spa. Where on Deck 8 are they? Also on deck 9, what is the area directly over the aft cabins? On the pictures it's just white, and then there's the spa/salon. Just concerned about noise from above. Thanks

6monthshere6monthsthere: Just booked for May 2008. Saw your post about the backstairs near the spa. Where on Deck 8 are they?
Here is the thread about the 'secret staircase'.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=506148&highlight=secret

It is the Sports Deck on Deck 8 - but apparently this is not a basketball court - more like big games of Draughts [sp] or Quoits....

6monthshere6monthsthere: Just booked for May 2008. Saw your post about the backstairs near the spa. Where on Deck 8 are they? Also on deck 9, what is the area directly over the aft cabins? On the pictures it's just white, and then there's the spa/salon. Just concerned about noise from above. Thanks

They are situated opposite cabin 8070 on the port side, no stairs on the starboard side and contrary to what some posters stated on the other thread that Little Britain kindly posted for you, they are not Staff Only stairs and they bring you out on Deck 9 opposite the Spa Treatment reception desk (5 yards to the rear entrance to the solarium where the coffee is situated). As for the noise above on Deck 9, have never had noise from above and to the best of my knowledge from what I can remember the area behind the spa is a small area which you can access from the rear of the spa with just a few loungers, usually not too many people there.

We were in 8080 on the Legend in November. No noise from above anytime. The crew stairs are next to 8080 and we never heard anybody using them, either.

The spa stairs are very convenient. As said before, on port side only across from 8070.

Good cabins.

Secret staircase sounds great especially for scooting up to get our morning coffee. Thanks for the feedback on the JS aft cabins. Will be looking forward to the reviews and tips on LOS from those of you sailing this spring and early summer.

Kathy

Hi Kathy, your cabin will be mine in two weeks.... I'll take pictures for you and let you know the specifics on that staircase.:)

Thanks Patrioticgirl. Have a wonderful cruise. I'll look forward to hearing about the cabin and the ship when you get back.

Kathy

I will be looking forward to any pictures or comments regarding suite or balcony. We are booked in that room for July 10, 2008, so go easy on the furniture, LOL.

We were a deck down in 2003 on an Alaska cruise.

Am also interested in any comments on excursions in the Med.

We stayed in 8084 3 years ago on a Hawaii cruise. It was great! The secret staircase is not staff only, however, as it leads to the reception area in the Spa they sometimes do close it off when the Spa is closed. At least that was our experience. The balcony is fab. ENJOY!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the photos Gina. That balcony looks perfect for our 12 night Med cruise in August. I like the height of the table for eating breakfast on the balcony and the style of the lounge chairs. Great stuff.

Kathy:)

Archived