Rough Seas????

Mathteach

We just got back from Alaska inside passage and are now hooked on cruising. On the Alaska cruise the water was VERY calm. I am wondering how the seas are on a Panama Canal Cruise? Are certain months better than others for calm seas? I am prone to sea sickness.:(

Thanks for any info.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Mathteach, we did a Canal transit in April. I stopped taking my Meclizine the second day on the cruise because the seas were so calm. They stayed that way until we got off the ship in Acapulco. We loved it - it is definitely worth going!! That was our first cruise in 15 years and we have now booked Alaska for next year!

Sue

:)

We have had it both ways. Sometimes we had clam seas from San Diego down to the canal and then rough seas when we left the canal on the Caribbean side.

And we have had clam seas on the Caribbean side and rough seas going up to San Siedo.

We did a 21 day cruise in October of 2002 from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale and never once experienced any rough water.

You never can tell.

:)

We just finished our 1st cruise...Alaska. Now we want to go thru the Panama Canal in (possibly) Feb. Was thinking about Celebrity out of Galveston. We loved the Alaska trip but would like more cruising & not so much docking. We of course did in-port things while we were docked so needed a vacation after our vacation. Anybody got ideas for us.

Archived