April Transatlantic

Ozziecruiser

I have done quite a bit of research and can't find any posting regarding Eastbound crossing with Seadream. We are just about to book 14 nights departing 16th April. Has anybody done a crossing at this time? I have found quite a bit of information on the Autumn crossing but nothing in Spring. How do the ships handle in rough seas? Should we expect rough seas?

We are a gay couple and was wondering that we may feel out of place? We are very considerate of other peoples feelings and really do not like to offend other people but at the same time would like to have a romantic trip together.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Can't help you out on the sea conditions on the TransAtlantic. Will be interested in hearing how you fare as an April Crossing may fit into our schedule better than the November Crossing.

I can only speak from our observation on our SD cruises ... I think that you will be very comfortable and well cared for on your cruise regardless of being gay, straight or single!

Hi DisneyJen,

Thank you for your reply. I decided to do some research and read some other cruise lines reviews regarding a Tranatlantic Crossing in April. I have read many and it really seems sometimes your lucky and sometimes your not with a crossing in April. Here is one review on a April crossing onboard the Grand Princess:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=10789

Hope it helps you.

Brgds

the southern route that SeaDream takes is usually pleasant. We have not crossed on SD but did the same Tenerife to Barbados part of the Atlantic in January 2004 on Queen Mary 2 and had perfect weather. Warm, sunny, slight swell. Hope yours is the same.

Jim.

Ozziecruiser,

We are a gay couple too and have previously sailed on SDII in the caribbean, and can honestly say that both the crew and fellow passengers had no problem with it. We met lots of other interesting guests, were invited to join them for dinner, and on one occasion the Captain asked us if we would like to join him for lunch.....if we weren't busy !

We liked the experience so much that we've just booked to the SDI transatlantic crossing in November. Why don't you join us on that one ?

We'd be grateful for a review of your crossing as well though :) .

Thank you all for your information. I am now booked and ready to sail on the 16th April on the SD1 for 14 nights. koalabear6314 we would prefer the November crossing but due to work we had to take the April crossing. I will write a review of the crossing once I get back. I am excited but also a little nervous about taking a ship so small. My previous cruises have all been on ships 50,000 tns plus which have many activities. I am 28 and my partner is 34. I am guessing there is not a lot to do on the SD1 crossing so it will make for some great reading time. Anyone else on this sailing?

Dear Ozziecruiser,

Don't be nervous about taking such a small ship. I believe that these vessels handle the weather better.

My partner and I crossed on the Regatta last November from Lisbon to Miami via the Azores. Lovely vessel, terrible sea boat. We left Lisbon in a downpour and I noticed the crew taping up all the cuttlery drawers!! It wasn't that rough, but she "bounced" all the way to Ponta del Gada......

Conversley, we crossed from Barbados to Lisbon on the Silver Cloud last April, and didn't notice any real movement. I know which vessel I would rather go on! I attach a picture of mid Atlantic last April. It was fantastic!

I'm envious that you are going so soon! We have to wait until Novemeber for our SD II crossing in November :(.

Have a great time and enjoy the experience!

No 534 :) :)

1157082629_sunsetmid-atlantic.jpg.9404671d807722ff9954b90ec9105102.jpg

I have done quite a bit of research and can't find any posting regarding Eastbound crossing with Seadream. We are just about to book 14 nights departing 16th April. Has anybody done a crossing at this time? I have found quite a bit of information on the Autumn crossing but nothing in Spring. How do the ships handle in rough seas? Should we expect rough seas?

We are a gay couple and was wondering that we may feel out of place? We are very considerate of other peoples feelings and really do not like to offend other people but at the same time would like to have a romantic trip together.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi Ozzie. We're booked on the 4/16 SDI repositioning trip. Haven't done one before, but we were on SDI in the Adriatic in 8/05 and loved it.

We're not gay, but we'd be unpleasantly surprised to learn that you encountered any problems. From our perspective, everyone got along on our trip.

re the weather, my wife is worried about being seasick and gaining weight. I tell her, Don't worry, only one will happen.

There's a weather website that gives wave heights. I don't have it right at hand.

Good luck--M

Archived