Birthday

Sunshine827

My son is turning 6 on our upcoming cruise,so I called and got them to decorate the room and also send him a cake. On my birthday cruise the waiters in the dining room sung Happy birthday to me and presented me with a cake,I don't know if my mom asked them to do that or what:confused: She did tell me she ordered the cake,but she did not say anything about asking the waiters to sing to me. Maybe that is just how they present the cakes

The cake and the decor was about $45, I called and ordered this about three weeks ago,we are going on the Carnival triumph.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from my cruise yesterday. Had a fantastic birthday cruise.

I went to party city store before I left and bought two '50' signs, '50' napkins, '50' plates, '50' candles & '50' balloons. (already had birthday table cloth and happy birthday banner) and I decorated the stateroom myself for $10. (don't forget the scotchtape). Carnival would have done it for $32 and you don't get much.

Hubby surprised me with a champagne gift basket and placed an order for birthday cake (behind my back) a week or two before we left. Not sure if it cost him around $9.00 for cake.

Yes, they sing happy birthday after dinner.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Why pay all that money for THEM to decorate when you can do it yourself??

I'll be decorating the cabin for my birthday next week!!

Why? Because when the birthday person opens the cabin door for the first time they get a big surprise.:) Last year it cost $30 for the decorations.

A lady on our cruise celebrated her 50th birthday. Her door was decorated. Her wonderful husband did so much for her. Why pay someone to do it if you can do it yourself and make it personal? Print up signs and pictures before you leave. Depending on how many old pictures you have of him you could print out and make a collage of his life. Hang it in the cabin.

Sunshine, you can have a cake delivered either to your cabin or to the dining room table. There are two sizes; one is about $5, and the other around $8. The waiters will sing to the birthday boy.

Anytime someone tells the waiter it's a birthday celebration, even if you don't order a cake, they'll put a candle in the celebrant's dessert and sing.

Have your camera ready!:)

:) Sunshine, when are you going on Legend? We will be on in Sept. We always cruise on my youngest daughter's birthday and I ALWAYS decorate the cabin door! Last year, I even made a different sign for each day and stuck it up before they woke up. They thought it was funny, getting up and checking out their new sign each day!

Sol

my mom is above

every year for the past 6 years we have gone on a cruise 4 my b day well not really just so happens the cruise was on my b day the waters always sing for me this year my birthday is on the first day supposed to be fun because me and my 16 year old sis are dressing up as thing 1 (my sis) and thing 2 (me) hope my mom does something special

b

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sunshine...

Found the banner at orientaltrading.com. Use Bon Voyage in the search box. There are other items available for a Bon Voyage party as well. The letters are actually stickers and the banner is similiar to an inexpensive (*cheap) party tablecloth, but I am still very happy with it.

I was going to get a paper banner printed while I was in OKC last, but that was going to run quite a bit more.

I will see if I can get a photo and post it.

• 1 month later...

for those of you who have done the door decore -- what do you do exactly?

A poster, stick balloons on it? NOt sure how its set up but could you do a funky beaded curtain over it?

do the doors open inwards? I think they do -- so this might work from the outside.

I'm sailing on a Holland America Zuiderdam for thanksgiving and I have two teens agest 17 and 16 celebrating their birthdays on the cruise.

Holland automatically does a complimentary cake for each one of them the first formal night and sings.

I'm thinking of doing something fun each day long the line of one person who said they made up signs for each day and put them on the door.

I was thinking the Bon Voyage for the first day with a gift basket inside the stateroom with the drink cards and a welcome amenity for a toast to our first day at sea.

Then I was thinking of doing the birthday night when they sing to the girls for their birthdays -- switching out the decorations and having each one of them get a small gift -- like a tiffany's jewelery at dinner.

One day will be spa day and they'll get a basket with spa certs and a robe with their name emboirdered on it.

One day is a beach day at the private island -- so a funny sand pail (like when they were kids) with a new bathing suit and some new sunglasses and flip flops might be fun.

Another day is a shopping day -- so put up some born to shop decorations and give them a new fun handbag with some cash in it.

One of our days is Thanksgiving -- so then I switch out the decorations to Thanksgiving stuff and write them each a note telling them why I am thankful for them in my life.

You get the idea ---

It might make it really playful and at 16 and 17 its hard to get a rise out of them with surprises anymore -- its worth a try!

Archived