SpringHill Suites Seattle?

woodz

We stayed at Springhill Suites in downtown Seattle two years ago. If it is the same one, it really isn't in the heart of downtown. It is quite a few blocks away. There weren't any close restaurants nearby and we ended up getting in the car and driving to the suburbs to eat since we didn't want to fight the downtown traffic. There was a Starbucks right across the street but I think there is a Starbucks across the street at every corner in Seattle.

We figured out how to use the bus system but where they let you off was several blocks away from the hotel. We don't mind walking but ended up tiring of the LONG walks.

The hotel was fine. The continental breakfast stunk. We ended up walking to McDonalds (several blocks away) just to eat. They were pushing their "hot" breakfast for $$$$ so it was slim pickings for the free bfast.

If and when we go back to Seattle, I will look for something more centrally located. I'm just glad we had a rental car.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. It was exactly the information I needed. I cancelled the reservation and made one for $40 less at the SpringHill suites in Renton. They will pick us up at the Airport and then we can either get a cab from there or go back to the airport on Saturday AM and get a shuttle. We won't get into SEA until later on Friday Night, and then after breakfast it is on to board the ship by noon.

Does anyone know how far it is to Pier 66 from the Renton SpringHill? There will be 8 of us so I wonder if we should take the shuttle back to the airport and get transportation there or just call for cabs from the hotel. Any Help?

I know my daughter pays over 20.00 from the airport to the heart of downtown Seattle. (Not far from the pier) I do believe Renton will cost you more. Plus if you get caught in traffic unless you negotiate a straight fare the cost could be significant. You might want to look into a shuttle or Limo. Have a great time!!!! Sue

First let me start off by saying I lived in the Seattle area for 5 years, I moved away last year because of the traffic problems. Therefore I would look into renting a limo OR staying downtown. Depending on when you are leaving there are some great hotel deals to be had for the downtown area. Feel free to ask me about hotels in the downtown area as I have had consultants stay in several. The mileage between Renton and the Pier isn't all that much but the cab fare would be steep. I would say get a limo. If you are looking for a closer hotel there is a really nice Renaissance that is within bag pulling distance (4 or 5 blocks). A little closer is the Westin and a Red Lion, both are near a great upscale shopping mall and only 3 blocks from the major downtown attractions. All of these hotels would have fairly low cab fare and some might even offer a shuttle to the pier. You would have to call and ask. There is also a residence inn on lake union that is only about a $5-10 cab ride away. These are my best bets to avoid traffic problems.

Hope it helped.....feel free to contact me with any questions.

We have gone out of SEA to the port 4 times. It has always cost us about $30. The hotel has a shuttle and if we need to go back to SEA/TAC we will. The rate on the room was so low that we can affort a taxi ride. Thanks for the help.

Any info on this would be appreciated in case we don't get a hotel downtown that picks us up from the airport. I've asked about hotels on another posting . We're looking for one that would pick us up from the airport but still in downtown area within walking distance of same possible attractions and restaurants. We realize we will have to get cabs/shuttle or something probably to get us to the pier. Any such thing as this?

I've done a pretty extensive research and I haven't found any downtown hotels that will do an airport pick-up. It takes about 30 min. to get downtown in good traffic. We are going to take the Grayline shuttle to get to the port. It is $12 one way or $20 round-trip and leaves every 30 minutes. We are going out of Seattle but returning to Vancouver so $12 isn't a bad price. I have been quoted prices of $90 to $130 for the 8 of us from independent companies, but we are still working out the details of when everyone will be at the airport. As far as limo's and independent transportation, go to the SEATAC website and there is a list of companies. Also do a search for "Seattle Limo" and you will find more info.

Archived