Can you answer these question?

Have you ever had any experience with the MooseHead Brewery or the Pub Crawl excusions?

Any thoughts or suggestions would help alot

Thanxs:D

Have not done Moosehead Brewery myself but a friend did and thoroughly enjoyed it... was already a Moosehead afficiando... I definitely have on my "to do" list../

Hi. We've booked the Moosehead Brewery tour in October. We had a Wildlife-Nature/ Brewery theme going on our cruise to Alaska. My husband wants to do the same "theme" for our Oct. 17th cruise to Can/NE. In Halifax we're doing the "History & Ale tour". I read somewhere that that replaced what they used to call the Pub Crawl.

We got our Princess shore excursion booklet for Canada/New England today and saw that there is a Halifax Historic Pub Hop offered which we hadn't seen when we booked our excursions online. We switched from the History and Ale Tour to the Pub Hop.

We got our Princess shore excursion booklet for Canada/New England today and saw that there is a Halifax Historic Pub Hop offered which we hadn't seen when we booked our excursions online. We switched from the History and Ale Tour to the Pub Hop.

I noted your out of southern indiana.. we are ne indiana.. when are you taking your cruise? we are heading out for the sept 12th cruise.

Are you booking your shore excursions online or waiting until you disembark to look for shore excursion bargains?

Thanks

Jc

Hi, Jimcat,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I forgot to mark this thread in my "favorites".

We live in the Evansville area, but out in the "sticks". What city are you near? I have seen very few Hoosier CC members.

Our cruise is Oct. 17th. My husband wanted to go when the weather was "cool".

We've pre-booked our tours on line with Princess already. I know a lot of people feel you can get a better price if you wait and book independently, but we really liked how well organized the Princess tours were in Alaska and decided to book through them again this time. My aunt and uncle took a 5 day Can/New England cruise on Carnival in late July. They waited until they got off the ship to decide what to do in the 3 ports they visited. They said that was no problem in Halifax, Saint John or Bar Harbor even with a party of 10. They also said one advantage to not pre-booking was that they could wait and see what the weather was like before deciding what to do. Most of the tours go rain or shine and they didn't want to do some of them in the rain. My husband and I decided we'd go prepared for rain and do the tours anyway.

According to my sisters in northern NJ (one also has a place on Cape Cod) it's been hotter and more humid there than it has been here the past 2 weeks. No telling what the weather will be like in Sept. or Oct. My aunt and uncle had mostly rain/drizzle and lots of fog on their cruise. They still enjoyed it, though.

Hey thanks for the reply.. we are in the Fort Wayne area.. I think we will book after we arrive per port.. I have made contact for tours in bar harbor for the same tour that Princess offers at 44.00 per for 20.00 with a reputable tour company..

Newport I will do the Astor tour.. but via independant as well.

Halifax, we would like to go to peggys cove.. so far I have not decided if we will book via the Ship.,, off line or rent a car for that one.

We set sail Sept 12th

Enjoy :)

Jim,

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. My aunt stressed to us that there were lots of wonderful excursions that could be booked quite reasonably on shore, but since we wanted to do 2 excursions in most of the ports we decided to leave the timing up to Princess.

Have you ever been to New England or that part of Canada before? I grew up in NJ, so I've been to many parts of New England, but have never cruised the coast before. Compared to our typical Indiana fall colors New England is spectacular (at least inland).

Please post about your cruise and your excursions when you get back. A couple of my friends have cruised on the Grand in the past 2 years and just loved her.

Shae

Jim,

Have you ever been to New England or that part of Canada before? I grew up in NJ, so I've been to many parts of New England, but have never cruised the coast before. Compared to our typical Indiana fall colors New England is spectacular (at least inland).

Please post about your cruise and your excursions when you get back. A couple of my friends have cruised on the Grand in the past 2 years and just loved her.

Shae

Remind me if I do forget to post.. This is our first time in the New England/ Canada area.. We usually been out west.. Arizona.. California.. etc.. Banff, Lake Louise Alberta Canada area.. So it will be fun :)

Thanks. That's good to know. I'm glad we're already booked.

Do you know anything about the Pub Hop in Halifax? We're booked for that, too. I'm not sure I can sample enough beer to make it worth the cost.... but it sounds like fun.

Shae

Archived