Celebrity Zenith

Zenith lovers may be interested in some photos taken last week in Venice. A nicely newly repainted Zenith in Pullmantur colours is accompanied by Crystal Serenity, Costa Mediterranea and Brilliance of the Seas. Venice is getting as crowded as Miami these days!!

P7020308.jpg.b4a3f3c2f407e74086beba7805404bd6.jpg

P7020309.jpg.b52c6fd4812db30f5aaa0444c50e50f6.jpg

P7020311.jpg.343d0232fa20e8443aa8b963b5dd712d.jpg

I think she looked better in her X colors. ;)

I agree with you, but it was amazing how bright she looked next to three other ships (all newer and higher quality) that havn't been painted recently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't begin to tell you the date, but at that time, it was actually possible to board the ship for a travel agent inspection. Our travel agent gave us passes to go to NYC and see her as she was a brand new ship. It was in the dead of winter and we had just had a snow storm. Lunch was wonderful, the ship a delight, but what I remember most was that the crew had made snowmen, and snowladies and assorted snow sculptures on the for deck of the ship. We all loved it and commented it would be the first and last time the Zenith would have snow on her decks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We did the Zenith in 1993 when she was only 6 months old .Celberity was a great cruise line then .The food & service was maybe the best at that time on the high seas !! The RCCI take over wasn"t good for Celberity in our opion . The food is just not as good as it use to be by a long shot !! It was also our youngest son first cruise and my oldest 3rd cruise .Both have been on over 18 cruises. But it was the first cruise we all did together !! One was 18 months and the other was 6 months . I sometimes wich we could go back to thoes day"s !! Cruising is a great family vacation !!

• 2 weeks later...
Zenith lovers may be interested in some photos taken last week in Venice. A nicely newly repainted Zenith in Pullmantur colours is accompanied by Crystal Serenity, Costa Mediterranea and Brilliance of the Seas. Venice is getting as crowded as Miami these days!!

we were on the Norwegian Jewel in venice on June 19 07

and i noticed that too i was like that looks like the zenith...

when were those pic taken because we had a Coasta ship parked in front of us facing us just like in your pic

we were on the Norwegian Jewel in venice on June 19 07

and i noticed that too i was like that looks like the zenith...

when were those pic taken because we had a Coasta ship parked in front of us facing us just like in your pic

They were taken on July 3rd 2007.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for posting the pics of zenith. Years ago , I went on this . Alzheimers I can't remember the year. I think it was 80s. I didn't know that this ship changed hands . Is it known when ? Who is the new owner ?

Both ships in the Horizon class were transferred out of Celebrity in 2006. Zenith went to Pullmantur, the Spanish operator that RCL acquired in order to upgrade their two best little ships, now with the Azamara brand. Horizon itself went to Island Cruises and changed its name to Island Star, joining the ex-Royal Caribbean Viking Serenade, now called Island Escape.

Here is the most recent picture I have of Horizon, taken last week in Ilha Bela in Brazil.

DSC04005.jpg

Archived