Snuba or Snorkeling ?

EFL

My family, two daughters ages 16 and 13, my wife and myself will be in Grand Cayman on August 25 aboard the Navigator and in Cozumel the next day.

We have found sooooo many choices (too many ) to do on the one day we have in each port; should we snorkel, swim with dolphins or stingrays, snuba, or a million other things. Anyway, snuba sounds cool. We have never snorkeled though either. Any suggestions on which to choose as far as how much actual water time for each, cost, and whether to do snuba in one port and snorkel in another.

Thank you all in advance, this board has been invaluable.

EFL

My BEST/FAVORITE excursion to date is the Dolphin swim. We did that at Nassau, though. A CLOSE second is Snuba (Grand Cayman). It was awesome. You felt so free compared to snorkeling. You can actually get the feeling of what it would be like to do a scuba dive, without having to get certified and without all that gear. We loved it! Both are expensive, but worth every penny.

I have not done the Stingray tour yet, but have heard many people talk about it on this board and on the cruises and everyone loves it. Especially families.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived