STATENDAM - Are the pools fresh water? Heated?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:31 AM.
1,192 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
I'll be on the Statendam shortly. Just wondering about their pools. Are they heated and are they fresh water?
Thanks much!
CAroline
"America's Hometown": Prescott, AZ
1,924 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Ahoy!
It's been several years since cruising on the Statendam but if memory serves me correctly the fore pool (Lido) was freah water and the aft pool was saltwalter. No heating at that time. They also need to dump the water in the pools at night occassioanly due to the depth of various ports visited, weather conditions and routine maintenance. I'm sure someone who has recently cruised the Statendam can give more up-to-date information. Have a great cruise!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!
Bob
1,192 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Yes, I'm hoping someone who's recently cruised aboard the Statendam will comment. I do prefer the pool near the stern. I can't imagine they wouldn't heat all the pools on their Alaska cruises, but maybe they don't.
Caroline
Seattle area
4,365 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
There's almost always one fresh water pool and one salt, and typically 1 of the 2 pools will be heated.

I would imagine the open aft pool would be the heated one.

As the lido pool is the "family friendly" pool, I would guess that might be the fresh water one.

Ultimately I think it comes down to the captain's decision.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NEXT UP:
Nieuw Statendam Transatlantic Premier

HAL:
Amsterdam(5).....Eurodam (2)
Koningsdam.....Maasdam
Nieuw Amsterdam(2).....Noordam
Oosterdam(4).....Rotterdam
Ryndam.....Statendam(2)
Volendam(3).....Westerdam(6)
Zaandam(3).....Zuiderdam(2)