Just Booked Sea Dream I

thecleave

I am very excited - I just deposited on a booking for the December 16th cruise roundtrip from San Juan. Even better, the price dropped $400 per person for a Deck 2 gty since I held the booking on Monday!!

This will be our first cruise on Sea Dream. I have been wanting to try SD ever since my husband told me about them a few years ago. This is the first time the dates, price and itinerary worked out.

DisneyJen - I just wanted to thank you for your great review of Seabourn. I had also been considering a cruise on SB around the same time period, but read your review and decided that Sea Dream would be a better choice for us.

I am very excited - I just deposited on a booking for the December 16th cruise roundtrip from San Juan. Even better, the price dropped $400 per person for a Deck 2 gty since I held the booking on Monday!!

This will be our first cruise on Sea Dream. I have been wanting to try SD ever since my husband told me about them a few years ago. This is the first time the dates, price and itinerary worked out.

DisneyJen - I just wanted to thank you for your great review of Seabourn. I had also been considering a cruise on SB around the same time period, but read your review and decided that Sea Dream would be a better choice for us.

Andrea,

Glad that I was able to help you decide between SB and SD.

DH and I were talking last night about cruising on SD in '08. I mentioned to DH that there is some wonderful pricing on SD for this December but scheduling won't permit it. He also said that there is NO WAY I could get him back on SB even if SB were $1,000 cheaper:p

Happy sails!

DH and I were talking last night about cruising on SD in '08. I mentioned to DH that there is some wonderful pricing on SD for this December but scheduling won't permit it. He also said that there is NO WAY I could get him back on SB even if SB were $1,000 cheaper:p

Happy sails!

DJ,

I know some of your friends and colleagues from this board who are booked on Voyage 2844 in November of '08. There is also a favorite SD Capt. of yours who plans to be on board for that trip. It's not too early to sign up, you know......

DJ,

I know some of your friends and colleagues from this board who are booked on Voyage 2844 in November of '08. There is also a favorite SD Capt. of yours who plans to be on board for that trip. It's not too early to sign up, you know......

I hear ya Ctbjr! As a matter of fact we may need to double team DH when we see you next month:D

• 1 month later...

We are also on the December 16th SeaDream I voyage. This will be our second trip on SD, and we are greatly looking forward to it. Some of the ports are wonderful, and of course the ship is wonderful, too.

Hi Jamey & Zimmy!! Glad to hear there will be other CC'ers onboard!! The ports are definitely a big part of why we chose this particular cruise - we've been to San Juan and St. Barths before but all the others are new to us. Just a few months away!!

• 2 weeks later...

Zimmy - I got the call about final payment too! Luckily my new boss approved the vacation time - I was a little worried.

I haven't really looked into excursions yet. I thought about doing some diving, but I need to take a refresher course since it's been about 5 years since my last dive.

Andrea -- just noticed you are on the Explorer II in Feb! My daughter and I took this trip (with Regent) in January 2005. It was an amazing experience and you never get enough of penguins. I have so many great pictures from there, and the side trip to Iguazu Falls, my screen saver always surprises me.

Have you traveled with SeaDream before? My first trip is on SDII leaving Miami on Nov 14. Really looking forward to it as I've only traveled with Regent so this will be new.

JustAud - I am definitely looking forward to the Explorer II!! It should be an amazing trip. I can't wait to see the penguins!

I've not cruised on Sea Dream yet, but I'm sure it's going to be great. I've cruised a lot on the mass market lines, and on Regent 3 times, most recently in June. Make sure you post about your November cruise - I'd love to hear all about it!

Jamey, who did you use to book your car in St. Barths? I think that's what we're going to do too. Are you able to pick it up at the port or do you have to go over to the airport?

• 3 weeks later...

Andrea,

We are renting from Budget. They are not allowed to to deliver to the dock. I am told we will sign the paperwork across from the dock at "Fly SBH" and then be dropped off at the airport to pick up the car. Apparently, it's a short drive. We are also required to return the car to the airport and take a shuttle back to the dock. Our friends we are traveling with made the reservation so I can't remember the price. I remember her saying several of the companies were completely booked. However, I imagine you will be able to find one if you are still interested. I hope this helps.

It's almost time.

Jamey

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all - I am booked on the Dec. 16th also. This will be my first cruise on SeaDream and I haven't been on a cruise since the early 1990's! I am getting excited and, being a girl, already thinking about what to pack.

I am traveling with my girlfriend who has not been on SD either. The snorkeling and ATV excursions sound like fun. I still need to book a flight to San Juan or I won't be going anywhere.

See you onboard!

-Kim

SeaDream I San Juan

December 16, 2007

I am working on it. Going to fly into Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando after the cruise. My mom lives in Melbourne, FL.

There is a rental car option (excursion) offered for St. Bart's. I think it is $100 is that not a good idea?

-Kim

SDI December 16, 2007

We were in St Barths last January on SD2. We did not do the SD car rental, since it was about twice as much as what we could get on shore. We rented a 4 passenger Jeep Wrangler for 72 Euros from Budget and had a wonderful day(there were 4 of us). We did not pre book, just got off the tender and the office was across the street. They do take you to the airport to get the car, but it is very close. You return it to the airport and they bring you back to the dock. Very efficient! But you must stop and watch the airplanes land at the airport! It's a real treat!

I did hear that December is their busy month. That's when all the rich and famous visit St Barths. You probably need a reservation for December.

We just received our Sea Dream book and were contemplating some of the excursions. We have been on Sea Dream (2 years ago) so FYI:

St. Barth's: You can rent a car at the little gift shop across from where the tender lets you off. I think it is Avis or Dollar, one of the familiar ones. There is a sign in the window. They brought the car right to the shop for us and that is where we dropped it off. Never had to go to the airport fo

r it.

St. Barth's is easy to drive around, not large but good roads and interesting side stops. Nude beaches if you can find them (we didn't).

You should go to LeSelect, at least to say you've been there (This is the REAL home of "Cheeseburgers in Paradise, as Buffett wrote it at LeSelect). The bar is noisy, dirty, and chaotic. The bar across the street is nicer.

We took the FAST BOAT last time and, though kind of expensive, it is alot of FUN. We thought it well worth it, even though it was raining through half of our ride. Raining hard, too!

(Note: St Barth's is a French island. You may find that Americans are more tolerated than welcomed in some of the places.)

Saba; There are no beaches here and the terrain is straight up. We took the bus excursion and left the driving to them. It is Dutch I believe, small and catering mostly to divers, picturesque and proud of its heritage.

JostVanDyke: We have vowed this time to go to Foxy's if they do the party on JVD. (You need to rent a boat to go around the beach to get there). I guess this is another of those "got to go to at least once" places we skipped last time. Maybe some of you want to come along?!

You could also go to Sand Dollar which is just down the beach and kinda cool, too.:cool:

Hope to meet some of you in SanJuan, Dec 16th.

Cabosal

DJ - the docs have arrived at my husband's office, so we will be dancing tonight!

Does anyone know how hard it is to get to Sidney's Peace & Love restaurant on Jost van Dyke? One of my friends wants me to get her a t-shirt from there. Cabosal - if I have to use a boat to get there I'd be happy to join you!

Archived