Stingray City and Rum Point???

beachlover2

I am looking for an excursion that goes to stingray city, and rum point? Is there an excurion like this? My DH and I really want to go to Rum POint but we don't want to drive we would rather take some kind of tour. Any advice? Thanks

Check out their website. www.redsailsports.com They have a ferry that takes you over to Rum Point for the day, and you can schedule a trip to stingray sandbar as well. I think you'll have to get yourself to their ferry which is somewhere along 7 mile though. We used red sail for the stingray part only as we drove over to rum point, but you could do it either way.

I found this ferry schedule from the internet to get to Rum Point:

FERRY SCHEDULE

Monday, Tuesday & Thursday:

Departs Hyatt Departs Rum Point

9:30 a.m. 11:00 a.m

12 noon 1:00 p.m.

2:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m.

5:30 p.m. 6:30 p.m.

7:30 p.m. 8:30 p.m.

9:30 p.m. 10:30 p.m.

Does this mean that for example if we depart at 9:30 we can return on the 1:00 or 3:00? If we decide to take the ferry I don't want to miss getting back to the boat by 3:30. Thanks so much!

I think Red Sail's ferry is at the hyatt as well. If you go to their website, they have pdf versions of all the info/prices. Its hard to read online, so you'll have to print the brochures. I'm thinking the ferry trip wasn't cheap so we opted for the rental car. We got there so fast by car, it was really the better option for us. And we got to see the entire east side of the island...come/go as we please, etc... We did call Red Sail's 800 # about a month or so before our cruise to see if we could schedule the stingray glass bottom boat tour from rum point. The first reservationist said they didn't take reservations for cruise ship passengers. I called later, and someone else took my reservation. However, I may have been charged if we didn't port, so that is a risk you take. I don't think you would have to reserve as it wasn't crowded at all when we got there and you could have easily signed up when you got there. Here is a currency converter:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

But calling red sail can tell you their price in american $ at least.

Archived