Courses + sauna/steam on the NCL GEM

rudlingen

Hello everyone,

I am new to the seas, and planning to hop on the GEM transatlantic on 3/12.

Gym courses

I have found plenty of helpful information on the Boards (far far more then in the NCL website! That is a fact!), but still am unclear about what kind of sport courses are given onboard. Specifically, do they have 'Lees Milles' franchise courses such as RPM, Body Pump, etc.. or do their own thing? And whether these have a cost! And if so how much..... If there a schedules possibly available somewhere?

Sauna/steam

I understand there is a Spa, but would like to know whether there is in the gym lockers a sauna or steam room which I could use. I have the bad(?) habit of taking a quick sauna/steam relax after doing sports, without necessarily getting into the Spa... would that be at all possible? And if so at what price (I more and more realise everything on a boat is a question of price....)

Thank you very much for any help you might be able to provide! :)

progress.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I am new to the seas, and planning to hop on the GEM transatlantic on 3/12.

Gym courses

I have found plenty of helpful information on the Boards (far far more then in the NCL website! That is a fact!), but still am unclear about what kind of sport courses are given onboard. Specifically, do they have 'Lees Milles' franchise courses such as RPM, Body Pump, etc.. or do their own thing? And whether these have a cost! And if so how much..... If there a schedules possibly available somewhere?progress.gif

I have been on several NCL ships and always do the fitness classes. They do their own classes, to their own music etc. What I found is that the free classes (stretch, hi-lo impact, bodysculpt) are too short, and last 30 minutes at the most. The classes that they charge (either $10 or $15/class, I can't remember) are the yoga, spinning, and pilates classes. These classes last longer but they have sign up sheets and you have to sign up in advance. They also say that when you sign up you're actually signing up for a series of 3 classes and give the final price. I know people who only went to 1 or 2 of the 3 classes and were only charged for the # of classes they attended.

My personal opinion is that since NCL contracted with Steiner to run their fitness center in addition to the spa, the classes went downhill. Pre-steiner there were more free classes and a bigger variety of classes throughout the day and they all lasted about 45-60 minutes. I still do some of the classes, but not as much as I used to.

Hope this helps.

Robin

Archived