SJU airport questions

DisneyJen

I'll throw this out there and ask Jim if he will do a little reporting for those of us who will embark and disembark SD in San Juan?

What airline are you flying?

How crazy is the airport on Sunday? Coming and going?

Did you notice if the airline clubs (Crown Room or President's Club) are all in the same area/terminal after clearing security?

If anyone else knows .... please chime in:D

Many thanks in advance!

Hi DJ:

We are One Pass Elite with Continental. Flying via IAH. We always fly to SJU on Saturday and have had no problems (Knock on Wood). Last time out, Sunday was a breeze. Cab to SJU in 15 minutes! Never had the time to seek out the VIP lounge but maybe this time. For our money, SJU is miles ahead of STT. Will let you know.

Jim.

Hi DJ:

We are One Pass Elite with Continental. Flying via IAH. We always fly to SJU on Saturday and have had no problems (Knock on Wood). Last time out, Sunday was a breeze. Cab to SJU in 15 minutes! Never had the time to seek out the VIP lounge but maybe this time. For our money, SJU is miles ahead of STT. Will let you know.

Jim.

Thanks Jim!

We have the Platinum Amex which gets us into the Crown Room and President's Club when we fly Delta or Continental.

We are flying USAir (direct from Charlotte) which doesn't have a lounge at SJU.

Compulsive planner that I am ... Just trying to figure out how to kill time since we don't fly out until 5 p.m.:o

The previous two times we have stayed in STT for an extra day after disembarking SD so I can't answer the printer question.

You're right ... I may try hiding behind the TOY Bar (make sure to leave the keys in the regular place). I wonder if there is a Chico's in Old San Juan:p

I believe that the library computers have printers. If not, I bet the nice ladies at the Concierge desk would be happy to print them for you if the airline permits advance printing of boarding passes for departures from SJU.

DJ,

Don't forget that your AMEX card also now allows access to Admirals Clubs; however I believe that you must be booked on AA. The Admirals Club at SJU is inside security.

Thanks for the reminder about the Admirals Club.

I was joking with DH that it might be cheaper to buy day passes to one of the clubs instead of having me wander around those jewelry stores in Old San Juan:p

I may try to get us on an earlier flight.

Archived