Two Stateroom #321 Questions

jimlssi

We are currently assigned to stateroom 321 which is located at the end of the hall in the bow. I am worried about the noise factor from the anchor chain, and the pitch motion of the ship that far forward. Should I be concerned? The ship is sold out, so options for moving do not look good. I have requested a change, nevertheless.

Would my rack rate reservation take priority over a guaranty? Thanks,

Jim

We have stayed in 324, just across the hall from you. You didnt say where you are sailing, Med. Caribbean but rough is rough if that occurs. Yes, you can hear some anchor chain/bow thruster noise in the forward cabins. Conversely, on deck 2 aft you can hear some engine room noise. Usually it is brief and not too loud but that is subjective. My not too loud might be too loud to you. All in though, the ships are quiet and comfortable and, as I have said before, I find their motion to be "sea kindly", a pleasant type motion. You should be getting into a calmer period in the Caribbean. Hope you have a great trip.

Jim.

DW and I were in Caribbean last week - 9 days. We were in a forward cabin on Deck 3, and yes, there is anchor noise and bow thruster noise; especially loud during the night or in the early morning. There was also the sound/whine of a pump of some kind that would periodically turn on for about 20 seconds, then go off; occasionlay loud enough to wake us up. The beds also creaked quite a bit during the rough seas.

We had 8-10 foot seas coming out of San Juan, and it was quite rough - there was a lot of up and down motion, as well as the noise of the ship hitting the swells. Quite a few people were seasick.

When the seas calmed down, the ride was pleasant enough, but we still had the other noises described above.

Others on board in the middle of the ship did not hear the anchor or bow thrusters as much, nor feel the seas as badly as those in the front.

I hope you have calmer seas than we had...

c-dreamer:

Sorry to hear it is still rough. Unusual for this time of year. No fun when you cant sleep. So far we have missed the squeaky bed problem. Some of them are removable/foldable for Commodore Club units. Maybe some are just getting worn out and need replacing/rebuilding. I would not be happy with a squeaky bed for a week or more.

Happy New Year.

Jim.

Archived