San Francisco hotels

wasup254

I haven't stayed here in a number of years, but have fond memories of it. The smells from the bakery downstairs in the morning will waft up to your room...a wonderful way to wake up!

http://www.edwardii.com/

Oakland is further away, but you may get better prices flying in there. Some airlines (like Southwest) go there that do not go to SFO. Compare before you buy. You can take BART from either airport into the city if you want to save both traffic hassels and taxi fares, then take a cab from a downtown BART station to your hotel. This of course works only if you are not packing all your worldly belongings in your luggage. There are also shuttle buses available from both airports.

My friend on this board "Sundowner" just won a room at the Sheraton in Fishermans Wharf on Priceline. She bid 3*, Fishermans Wharf zone, $60. That is an amazingly low bid in the FW area. Good luck.

Use either airport, depending upon the airline you choose (Jet Blue and Southwest don't fly into SFO). SFO is a little closer, but there is transportation into the City from either airport.

The Edward II, although precious, is far from Fisherman's Wharf. Here are some sites for three of the "big name" hotel chains that have hotels right at Fisherman's Wharf:

Sheraton at the Wharf

The Mariott

Hyatt

I see The Tuscan Inn on my commute home from SF (pass by it every evening), and it looks really cute:

Tuscan Inn

You'll have fun in SF, no matter where you stay.

I've used www.priceline.com for Hyatt@Fisherman's Wharf for appr. USD60 a night.

It's a 3star hotel in a great location. I thought the standard of the hotel was quite good....nothing to boast about, but nothing to complain either.

www.biddingfortravel.com is to be used in conjunction with www.priceline.com.

You will see the previous winning bids for the area and the hotels. The bidding process is quite fun.

Let me know if you need more tips how to use priceline. ;)

Archived