cost of cab ride verus shuttle from OAkland

WASUP

Take BART from right inside the SFO airport to the Embarcadero Station. Go upstairs to Market St. and take a cab to Fisherman's wharf. Shouldn't be much more that $5 - $10.

If you don't have luggage with you, then you can also walk across Market St. and take the trolley up to Ghiradelli Square which is right at Fisherman's wharf.

Oakland would be shuttle to BART, then BART to Embarcadero. Less convenient than SFO.

We are also interested in what cab fare would be from Oakland airport to Fishermans wharf. There are 3 of us and I see a Shuttle would cost about $55. for 3 people ($25 for the 1st person and $15. for each additional). Would a taxi be about the same or more?

We can't take Bart as my mother can't handle steps well (two new knees) and we will have lots of luggage.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

from my experience, there are always lots of taxi's at Oakland airport...but let's just say that some taxi drivers are...well, scary comes to mind. The shuttle shouldn't be a problem and there's a very short walk to where they pick you up..but I'm not sure how to manage alot of luggage (especially if your mother can't do her own). Don't know about SFO. Personally I'd go with the shuttle..at least you know in advance the cost (taxi's charge for traffic etc). and Oakland is a more manageable airport than SFO.

have fun....when/where are you going?

Anniecat

Archived