TV on Sea Dream

volntitan

So my parents surprised us with a trip on Sea Dream during the week of March 23. Awesome. Great. Can't wait. One negative for me. That's during March Madness. I know, sounds silly, but my favorite team will be playing. SO, does anyone know what kind of TV service that is on Sea Dream or at all? Would love to be able to watch it on board. If not, is internet service available per chance?

I would say that there is little to no chance that you'll be able to get the games on tv onboard. There is internet service available. If you bring a laptop and pay $35/day you can connect your laptop to the internet in your stateroom. There are 2 computers in the library that you can use also. Purchase an access card at the Concierge desk and you pay based on the number of minutes used. The internet connection isn't bad but probably not good enough so that you could count on watching video delivered via internet.

Bummer. Actually we will be on the ship for 3 days, I think. Then spending 4 days on St. Thomas/St. Barts area. Wonder if the hotels would have it?

Cheer the Vols in spirit but don't count on seeing them.

I just looked at your schedule and you are on the ship on Sunday afternoon through Wednesday morning. You won't miss much then, but I don't know if you will get any games in Antigua, TV on the islands is not like at home. I am guessing that you will spend time in St. Thomas after your voyage and you might have better luck there.

I know how bad it is because last year I missed the Lady Vols win the NC while on a cruise. I got to see it the next morning after I knew the score.

You'll have no problems finding the games on tv in St. Thomas as US tv is readily available there. St. Barts is a different story and I think it would be more difficult to find US tv there.

Thanks for the assist Charlie

If you get reception, please post here if you think of it. My Stiletto has never gotten satellite reception down there.

Of course, with a wireless internet connection you can get certain Sirius channels but generally not those offering live sports broadcasts.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked the same three day sampler to try out seadream. Started a thread to try to find out what not to miss onboard since it will be so short, but it was such a great deal we had to try it and we will do anything to get out of the northeast in March. Doing spring break with our kids the week before then sending them home and getting on in Antiqua, so see you then.

Archived