Los Angeles Area Hotels Near Cruise Terminal

Keith1010

I'm going to be taking a cruise which departs from the Los Angeles Cruise Terminal. I'm planning to arrive a few days early and after doing some research thought it might make sense to stay in Long Beach, California. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay at?

Keith

If you are unable to find anything in Long Beach, just across the bridge is San Pedro (aka the Port of LA). We've stayed at the Best Western Sunrise the last 3 times which is just down the street. It's a very decent hotel. They have a shuttle to and from the port every 15-20 minutes.

I'm going to be taking a cruise which departs from the Los Angeles Cruise Terminal. I'm planning to arrive a few days early and after doing some research thought it might make sense to stay in Long Beach, California. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay at?

Keith

Across the street from the world cruise center in San pedro is a Sheraton Hotel.. the area is really cute , with lots of stores and restaurants on the water..

You can walk from the Sheraton to the cruise terminal, although I think they have a shuttle that you might want to take if you have enough luggage.

If you're going to be in the area for a few days, especially if you don't have a car, I would recommend Long Beach over San Pedro (I would recommend a car, too). There are many hotels there - Hilton, Westin, Marriott, the Queen Mary, West Coast Hotel, Renaissance, to name a few. Pine Street is fun to walk around, there are tons of good restaurants and there's an aquarium not too far away. Depending on when you will be there, there is a theatre/sports complex, although many of the events are on Saturday night, and that may be a departure night for you. There's also a brand new movie/restaurant complex on Pine Street, and there will be a roller coaster one of these days.

Are you flying in? If so, Long Beach has a nice little airport, services by American, America West and Jet Blue, if you have access.

Have fun!

I’m curious how the cost compares between getting a hotel that allows you to leave your car verses just using the parking at the port. Gotta conserve that spending money you know. Anyone know the cost of parking at the port? Thanks,

Sea Bound

Seabound - I believe the pier parking is $11.00 per day.

Jeanaa - You are taking somewhat of a chance flying in on the day of a cruise. I've had two neighbors do that and they missed the ship each time. Once due to bad weather which delayed an incoming flight and once due to mechanical problems that cancelled a flight. I think if you come a day early, the cost of the hotel is probably offset by peace of mind - and no hassle.

Keith,

We are doing a similiar cruise out of San Pedro in Jan 17. My solution is to book a room through priceline.com -- I bid $38 and got a room at the Sheraton LAX on 1/16/04.-- Cab fare from LAX to docks is about $40.

If you need help with priceline, email me or check out http://www.betterbidding.com

Hope this helps!

Archived