Something special to do for my Mom and Dad?

MiamiNicole

My Mom and Dad are taking my sister and I and our boyfriends (we are in our early twenties) on a new years cruise. It is their 25th anniversary, what would be something special we could all do for them as a group??? Maybe somthing on the cruise we could purchase? Or something we could bring along with us to present to them? Thanks for the advise!

What cruiseline are you on? Different lines offer different items. On Princess you could purchase 'renewal of vows' or romantic celebration. If they have a balcony, you could purchase the 'ultimate balcony dinner' which, from reviews, would be very romatic.

Debbie

You could somehow get the key to their cabin and fully decorate it; you could see if the cruise line will let you have your own little family gathering in one of the lounges with appetizers and cocktails served at a special time; you can request the hostess to maybe sit you all with the Captain for dinner during Captain's night. Good luck and have fun!

Hi,

I would have you and your sister each write a letter to your parents telling them just how much you love them. I would write in words what most of us find hard to say. Express your love for both of them. THEN I would take my parents to the speciality restaurant and have the waiter place one letter in each of their menu. (this can be done before so they don't see the waiter put the letters in the menu) When they open the menu and read you lovely letters I am sure that they will be happy.

Geo

• 1 month later...

Me and my Husband are about to go on our first cruise, paid for by my WONDERFUL In-Laws. You are a very sweet person, my husband would NEVER think to do something so sweet for his Mom and Dad. I am sure any of the above Ideas are great and they will probably greatly appreciate all you do. I have been pondering the same thing... I think we will have flowers and wine waiting for them in their room.

Good Luck!

If it's your Mom and Dad's anniversary, perhaps it is you who should be paying for the cruise. (And, let them purchase a cheap souvenir for you as a remembrance of the cruise).

Or, instead of shacking up for the entire cruise, you could always get married by the last night. What a surprise that would be......

Archived