SDII Costco cruise

daisyandkatesmom

Hello All!

For starters, I have been a lurker for the past month or so, and I want to thank all of you that post about your experiences on Sea Dream because you helped me and my SO make the decision to go on the Sea Dream cruise offered by Costco.

Are any of you going on this cruise? dates are 5/9 - 5/15, Spain to France? Has anyone been to Spain and France early mid may on a cruise? What was the weather like? Also, on the european cruises, how do people dress for meals and social hours?

I have utilized your posts to choose our cabin and am so excited to go on this cruise! Thank you so much. DisneyJen, Have a blast on your trip!!

My huband and I are also on the Costco SDII cruise. Can't wait!!! While we have cruised the Med before, it will be a completely new experience on SD because we were on Carnival in 2005 with our two kids. This time, its just the two of us. We have been to Barcelona, Cannes, and Nice but the rest of the ports will be new to us. I've been busy reading my guide books. Look forward to meeting you on board!

Jane from Spokane

From what I've read, the daytime highs in the area will range from about 60 to 70 degress which is probably freezing to you. To me, being from the north, it sounds heavenly!! Anyway, the last time we were in the Med it was August and way too hot. I think we better count on a little rain, I'm sure the weather is a bit unstable at that time of year. I plan on bringing lots of t's and cardigans that I can layer. I'll also probably buy myself a nice lightweight rain jacket since I don't care to lug around an umbrella.

For evening I've got a few skirts and dressy pants outfits but I don't plan on bringing anything too fancy because my husband has already informed me that he doesn't plan to even bring a sport coat. The casualness of this cruise is what sold him on it!

Jane from Spokane

Archived