Just sighted SD1!

vandrefalk

Vandrefalk on SD2 here -- we didn't make it to Foxy's last night -- big swells -- so came into Virgin Gorda in the evening. We heard that St Barts even had to close the harbor! Believe SD1 went to Nevis, but will let Disney Jen confirm. Great night at TOY -- the crew carried me up the stairs to Topside in the wheelchair -- and I later managed to scoot up to the TOY -- great to be there!

Nice day in Virgin Gorda, but I didn't make the beach party -- others will post, I'm sure. As we're sitting by the pool enjoying drinks, what do we see but SD1 coming into the Sound!! She just came by to say hi! As we watched her come in and circle, CDreamer and I waved madly and called out to Disney Jen -- don't know if you heard us, DJ? There was a brief "battle of the horns" and then she left -- on her way back to St Barts, we hear. We are supposed to head there later tonight, so perhaps there will be a chance to get together!!

All for now

Vandrefalk

Vandrefalk on SD2 here -- we didn't make it to Foxy's last night -- big swells -- so came into Virgin Gorda in the evening. We heard that St Barts even had to close the harbor! Believe SD1 went to Nevis, but will let Disney Jen confirm. Great night at TOY -- the crew carried me up the stairs to Topside in the wheelchair -- and I later managed to scoot up to the TOY -- great to be there!

Nice day in Virgin Gorda, but I didn't make the beach party -- others will post, I'm sure. As we're sitting by the pool enjoying drinks, what do we see but SD1 coming into the Sound!! She just came by to say hi! As we watched her come in and circle, CDreamer and I waved madly and called out to Disney Jen -- don't know if you heard us, DJ? There was a brief "battle of the horns" and then she left -- on her way back to St Barts, we hear. We are supposed to head there later tonight, so perhaps there will be a chance to get together!

All for now

Vandrefalk

Greeting Vandrefalk!

We are currently anchored where you were anchored yesterday. As I understand it, you will be in Leverick Bay until 5 p.m. After you depart we will move over to Leverick.

Please email me at jsl6 at yahoo dot com as there may be a way for us to get together today.

We spent the night in Roadtown, Tortola after a very challenging run from St. Kitts to Phillipsburg to Virgin Gorda where we buzzed SD2.

What an adventure we have had!

As I write, I can see SD1 enjoying their beach party at Prickley Pear -- weather was fine here in the Sound, but I understand it has been dicey elsewhere. We anchored here last night and moved over to Leverick Bay this morning to give SD1 our spot off the beach. Lovely day here although the swimmers said there is a strong current. We will be here til 11 pm when we will head to St. Barts, which is expected to be open tomorrow. I suspect DJ has had much worse weather than we, as we managed to get to Tortola on Tuesday night and missed much of the swells (although it was a bit rocky on that run). I hear SD1 is staying near the BVI so they will be closer to San Juan, while we have to head back to Antigua.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much confined to the ship, as the adventure of getting on the tenders takes a good bit of energy! But it is certainly relaxing!!

Vandrefalk

Archived