Five Day Flash

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:50 PM.
Sonoma, CA
6,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Since the search function isn't working for me, does anyone know if the five-day-flash pricing is still used at HAL? We booked a ship that way a long time ago, but haven't seen the offer lately. Nancy
345 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
For us newer cruisers, can you please explain what this is? THANKS!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam -Caribbean, Dec., 2016
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam -Caribbean, Feb., 2016
HAL Zuiderdam-Panama Canal Dec., 2014
HAL Ryndam- Eastern Med. Oct., 2014
Disney Dream- Bahamas Mar., 2013
HAL Ryndam- Caribbean Dec., 2012
Celebrity Summit- Reposition Oct., 2011
HAL Eurodam- Caribbean Jan., 2011
HAL Zaandam-Alaska Sept., 2010
Disney Wonder-Bahamas Nov., 2008
HAL Noordam- Western Med. Apr., 2008
Disney Wonder-Bahamas Nov., 2006
Carnival Horrorship-Bahamas Jun., 1986
Premier Oceanic-Bahamas Jun., 1985
Sunny Sequim, Washington state
5,925 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
The "5 Day Flash" used to be a listing of reduced price HAL cruises that was available through HAL's travel agent site and was published online weekly. You could google it, and find it easily. Since HAL's new design of its website, I haven't been able to access the "Flash" for a few months now, since February or March, and there are no updated versions available online when I google for it.

I think one reason for HAL's total new web design was to make such information less accessible to those of us who are not travel professionals. The new website does mention cruise specials, but the entire site is utterly clumsy and completely execrable, and frequently the links to specials are no good. Therefore, I'm surprised to read that Garydm is able to access the "Flash Specials". (Maybe he/she is a TA? Or maybe it's my lack of computer skills?)

ps Just want to add that even though there's a link to "travel agent headquarters" on the bottom of the HAL website, you can't access any information whatsoever unless you are an agent and have a "BiPolar" number, or whatever the terminology is.......I'm sorry, it's Polar Online Number.....sorry for the rambling.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making a few more" - CC Member Diann 744
Sunny Sequim, Washington state
5,925 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Or perhaps here's a better visual definition of the "5 Day Flash Specials"

http://www.aerojockey.com/fark/flasher.jpg

Yes, yes, I know; please feel free to pull this post if it's offensive.......mea culpa. Every once in a while I just have to cut loose, or I'll go stark, raving mad.......
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making a few more" - CC Member Diann 744
Warwick, R.I. , USA
38,356 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Originally posted by middle-aged mom
Yes, yes, I know; please feel free to pull this post if it's offensive.......
Not even close to offensive.

Try again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CCASE/LSSE

Chocolate is to women what duct tape is to men.
It fixes everything.
Sacramento, CA
1,645 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
I am not a travel agent but the 5 Day Flashes are routinely posted on the website of the travel agency I use. Rules preclude me saying which one this is but it is in Houston and is a big company. If you google it you can find it.

Gary
Sunny San Diego
2,548 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by middle-aged mom
Or perhaps here's a better visual definition of the "5 Day Flash Specials"

http://www.aerojockey.com/fark/flasher.jpg

Yes, yes, I know; please feel free to pull this post if it's offensive.......mea culpa. Every once in a while I just have to cut loose, or I'll go stark, raving mad.......
Oh geeze, and here I was believing you. I should have known better, but thanks anyway for a great laugh, and I agree with Ruth "not even close to offensive".

Valerie
near Victoria, British Columbia
72 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Then there is this one that I found by googling and checking out a number of them.....most of the links were the old 5 day flashes for specific weeks, but this one seems to update weekly and is current.

http://www.cruisecenter.com/promos/?PromoID=2

viccruiser
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
Zaandam Circle Hawaii Jan 4, 2008
Volendam Alaska North May 25, 2007
Volendam Alaska South Jun 1, 2007
Ryndam Panama Repositioning Apr 16, 2006
Niew Amsterdam Caribbean Jan 31, 1987