Enchantment "extreme makeover"??

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Palm Coast FL
1,597 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Hi - we're sailing Enchantment in a few months, and it's our first time on RCCL. Their website touts a makeover in 2005 - can anyone tell me what this included? I know there was bungee jumping and the like, but is there, for example, a specialty restaurant ? Upgraded bedding?
We're used to Celebrity, but we're looking forward to all that RCCL has to offer. I've been reading the insider tips...lots of good info!
Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You're only as good as your last performance.
Merion, Pennsylvania
59,534 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by Cruisenouvelle
Hi - we're sailing Enchantment in a few months, and it's our first time on RCCL. Their website touts a makeover in 2005 - can anyone tell me what this included? I know there was bungee jumping and the like, but is there, for example, a specialty restaurant ? Upgraded bedding?
We're used to Celebrity, but we're looking forward to all that RCCL has to offer. I've been reading the insider tips...lots of good info!
Thank you.
They cut the ship in half and stuck a big new piece in the middle!!!
Merion, Pennsylvania
59,534 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
They have upgraded the bedding on ALL Royal Caribbean ships.

They added Chops to the Enchantment when they stretched her.

I love the Enchantment. Feel free to follow the Enchantment links in my signature.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Email me!

I have cruised on:

Princess: Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess
Celebrity: Summit, Equinox
Royal Caribbean: Anthem, Quantum, Allure, Oasis, Harmony, Independence, Liberty, Freedom, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer, Voyager, Jewel, Serenade, Radiance, Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Rhapsody, Majesty, Monarch, Sovereign

Register for your Meet & Mingle here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do
Palm Coast FL
1,597 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Thank you both for the info - Carol I enjoyed your review. My DH especially is excited about this cruise and keeps saying "I wish we could leave tomorrow"...(don't we all!!)
Janice
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GUISBOROUGH UK
372 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
When you finally get aboard, say "hello" to the Activities Manager, Rachael Fish, from us! We shared a dining table with her and her mother on the Independence this month ( she was vacationing, not working)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
01-05-3018 Brilliance of the Seas
15-05-2017 Independence of the Seas
04-09-2016 Navigator of the Seas
11-04-2015 Legend of the Seas
06-06-2014 Independence of the Seas
11-07-2012 Celebrity Infinity
11-20-2011 Explorer of the Seas
11-14-2010 Mariner of the Seas
11-28-2009 Freedom of the Seas *B2B cruises*
05-06-2008 Independence of the Seas
Myrtle Beach
5,734 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by Sancho_proudfoot
When you finally get aboard, say "hello" to the Activities Manager, Rachael Fish, from us! We shared a dining table with her and her mother on the Independence this month ( she was vacationing, not working)
Is she the English one that gets all excited during events? She was a hoot - but at one point while announcing an event we were all covering our ears because it reached a pitch only dogs could hear!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lessons learned from last cruise for next:
1. Passport - I promise I will never leave home without it again!
2. Peanut M&M's - Do you know how much they cost in the ship's store???
3. Money, lots and lots of money - Need more money!
4. Heck with the rest of the list, just bring lots of money!
[email protected]

Goodie - A Cruise!

Sovereign of the Seas - 3/04; Majesty of the Seas - 4/07 & 11/09; Enchantment of the Seas - 4/08, 4/09 & 11/13; Monarch of the Seas - 12/08, 12/09, 8/10 & 7/11; Independence of the Seas - 1/13, 12/13; Vision of the Seas - 11/13; Freedom of the Seas - 5/14, 11/14 & 10/16; Coral Princess - 4/1 & 12/15; Oasis of the Seas - 1/17
190 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
For our first cruise we were fortunate to sail on the Enchantment a few months after the "Stretching" in the new section. In the 3 years since we've just completed our 10th cruise. Our second cruise was on the
Grandeur and what a disappointment compared to the Enchantment. We switched cruise lines but tried the Explorer in March and again in May. Loved it! Driving to a port is great!

Jan
17,908 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Originally posted by temple1
Is she the English one that gets all excited during events? She was a hoot - but at one point while announcing an event we were all covering our ears because it reached a pitch only dogs could hear!
She's the one! I agree, but she DID assist us with a tendering mess on Enchantment!

We had a nice time....GREAT dining room crew.....Sabit, Eddie, Emilia and Wolfgang!

I hae pix if you follow the link to picasa in my signature!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cape Liberty Info blog

Cruise Photo Albums

My Cruise History:
Royal-too many to count, X-3, NCL-2, CCL-too many to count, MSC-1, HAL-1
So many cruises, so little time and money!

illegitmi non carborundum kmt
Myrtle Beach
5,734 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
I don't know if it was because we had more ship board time, or our mood - but the activities staff of Enchantment seemed to be the more enthusiastic compared to our 2 previous cruises. They all seemed to be really enjoying the events and shared their fun and excitement with us.
GUISBOROUGH UK
372 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Well, she's certainly English and gets very excitable.......she 'captained' our team during The Quest, and that probably says it all!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
01-05-3018 Brilliance of the Seas
15-05-2017 Independence of the Seas
04-09-2016 Navigator of the Seas
11-04-2015 Legend of the Seas
06-06-2014 Independence of the Seas
11-07-2012 Celebrity Infinity
11-20-2011 Explorer of the Seas
11-14-2010 Mariner of the Seas
11-28-2009 Freedom of the Seas *B2B cruises*
05-06-2008 Independence of the Seas
Foothills of the Appalachians, TN
854 Posts
Joined May 2002
We were on Enchantment in January, and it was just lovely. It had a lot of the larger ship amenities, but a smaller ship feel, if that makes sense. It has a Ben and Jerry's (Oh, yeah, baby!) and a Chop's Grill. It does not have a Johnny Rocket's. It has bars and clubs galore (my favorites were the Champagne bar and Bolero's). GREAT pool area. The Activities team was wonderful! I did a fun little scrapbooking class and I had so much fun watching the dance classes they had in Bolero's (for the safety of those around me, I did not participate). They have a rock climbing wall, but no ice rink. They have a show lounge with shows each night.

As for the rooms, ours was a D1 (I think) balcony cabin in the old section. Immaculately clean and well appointed. Room enough for my Dad and I (who are both very OCD) to store all of our clothes, toiletries and such.

I think out of the cruises I've been on thus far (3 with RCI so far and 1 with Carnival), Enchantment was by far my favorite ship. There's just something about her that makes you miss her!!

Of course, Freedom this November may change my mind! I'll keep ya posted!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Emily
Palm Coast FL
1,597 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Thanks again, all. I have a good feeling that it'll be a great (though too-short!) cruise. I will relay your greeting to Rachel, Sancho_proudfoot.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
5,820 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Cruisenouvelle
Thank you.
This link is our pre-cruise 2007 website.
http://www.southern-florida.net/Crui.../pictures.html

Click on the picture where it says "The Extension Page". It walks you through the extension process of the Enchantment in 2005.

3,968 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by FL_Cruiser64
This link is our pre-cruise 2007 website.
http://www.southern-florida.net/Crui.../pictures.html

Click on the picture where it says "The Extension Page". It walks you through the extension process of the Enchantment in 2005.

Thanks for posting that link. It's cool to look at the process again. Amazing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
ML

'89 Carnival Holiday, '91 Carnival Fantasy, '96 Carnival Fantasy, '01 Sovereign of the Seas, '03 Carnival Victory, '04 Jewel of the Seas, '05 Majesty of the Seas, '06 Carnival Victory, '07 Monarch of the Seas, '08 Monarch of the Seas, '08 Norwegian Dawn, '10 Carnival Inspiration, '10 Carnival Triumph, '11 Norwegian Star, '12 Liberty of the Seas, '12 Explorer of the Seas, '12 NYE Carnival Valor, '13 Carnival Imagination B2B, '13 Norwegian Jewel, '14 Carnival Victory, '14 Freedom of the Seas, '15 Adventure of the Seas, '15 Majesty of the Seas, '16 Navigator of the Seas

UP NEXT: '17 Oasis of the Seas