Self-service laundry, cost and size on HAL

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:53 PM.
Myrtle Beach, SC
260 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Be It Resolved:

We will not pack as much as we have before. We are booked for 10 days on Volendam in November. How much is the self-service washer/dryer and how much does it hold....regular w/d or size of a stacked unit? Do they have liquid detergent available or should I bring my own...as I am allergic to some strong brands. Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Volendam 11/06 (southern), Maasdam 11/05 (eastern), Volendam 12/04 (southern) , Zaandam 12/03 (eastern), Grandeur of the Seas 2/02 , western), Westerdam '99 (eastern), Regal Empress '96 (western), SS Rotterdam '92
107,555 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
They are normal size washers and dryers. One on top of the other.

Washer is $2 per load and some ships have free dryers while others cost $1 per load.

There is a button on the washer that dispenses liquid soap. If you take your own - don't push the button.

obetz oh usa
2,517 Posts
Joined May 2000
They really don`t want you to use your own soap as it can interfere with their system, but if you use biodegradeable, it should be OK......jean
Myrtle Beach, SC
260 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Thanks for the responses. I didn't even think about the biodegradable soap....duh!

My loving "pack mule" will be very happy with the news. You should have seen him when I invited two of my older lady friends along on a cruise. He took charge and was responsible for everyone's bags, at the airport, at the port, and back home .... and was so truly sweet and charming about it.

Guess he's gotten smarter!!!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Volendam 11/06 (southern), Maasdam 11/05 (eastern), Volendam 12/04 (southern) , Zaandam 12/03 (eastern), Grandeur of the Seas 2/02 , western), Westerdam '99 (eastern), Regal Empress '96 (western), SS Rotterdam '92