Dreams Resort or Krystal Hotel

pete 92638

I'm sailing on the Vision of the Seas on 10 August 2008 and when we dock at Puerto Vallarta we are considering doing our own trip to either Dreams Resort or Krystal Hotel.

Can anyone suggest which to choose? Is it possible to go on your own or do you have to go on a ship excursion. Is there a charge and how much does it cost to enter.

Thanks in advance.

Last fall I had a 90-minute on-the-beach massage and my daughter had a 90-minute wrap at the Krystal! Absolutely awesome :D and we plan to do it again on our upcoming cruise.

They don't charge to relax and enjoy their pools or beach areas. We didn't have time before but this time we're planing to extend our relaxing day!

You can walk to the Krystal from the dock.

I haven't been to the Dreams Resort.

Last fall I had a 90-minute on-the-beach massage and my daughter had a 90-minute wrap at the Krystal! Absolutely awesome :D and we plan to do it again on our upcoming cruise.

They don't charge to relax and enjoy their pools or beach areas. We didn't have time before but this time we're planing to extend our relaxing day!

You can walk to the Krystal from the dock.

I haven't been to the Dreams Resort.

How much are the massages and wraps if you recall?

Here is the menu of options from Millenium Massage at the Krystal as well as a link to the website. The prices are in pesos, so you just divide by 10 for the price in US dollars (for example 750 =$75).

http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/

Millenium Massage Clinic, will transport you and your loved ones on a pampering journey to delight all of your senses. We opened the first massage clinic in Puerto Vallarta, located in one of the most exclusive areas in Marina Vallarta. (facing the yachts)

BODY TREATMENTS

Fango Massage (90 min)790.00

Exfoliation & Wrap(90 min)790.00

Exfoliation (40 min)350.00

MASSAGES

Therapeutic massage(40 min)300.00

Therapeutic massage(60 min)400.00

Therapeutic massage(75 min)460.00

Therapeutic massage(90 min)550.00

Lymphatic drainage(75 min)460.00

Relaxing Massage(60 min)350.00

Reflexology(50 min)380.00

Shiatsu (90 min)550.00

Hot Stone massage (90 min)650.00

Four hands massage(60 min)750.00

FACIALS

Deluxe facial(90 min)550.00

Deep hydrating facial(50 min)380.00

Deep cleaning facial(75 min)400.00

I'm sailing on the Vision of the Seas on 10 August 2008 .....

We are taking the same trip, DH, DD and I. Still trying to figure out what to do in Cabo, I know we are zip lining in PV (DD loves that kind of thing)!

See you onboard!

I'm sailing on the Vision of the Seas on 10 August 2008 and when we dock at Puerto Vallarta we are considering doing our own trip to either Dreams Resort or Krystal Hotel.

Can anyone suggest which to choose? Is it possible to go on your own or do you have to go on a ship excursion. Is there a charge and how much does it cost to enter.

Thanks in advance.

Dreams resort is quite a distance away by cab, its sout and located in Mismaloya.

I just suggested on another post to check out Westin regina it's about a 10 min cab ride. Here is their website http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1090

Does the Westin allow you to use their resort during the day if you purchase food and beverage - or do they offer a day pass? If so, do you know how much they charge? I have heard that Princess offers a beach break at Dreams resort in PV also.

Does the Westin allow you to use their resort during the day if you purchase food and beverage - or do they offer a day pass? If so, do you know how much they charge? I have heard that Princess offers a beach break at Dreams resort in PV also.

No fee's just go in walk through restuarant and out the back towards the ocean. You will see the lounge area can't miss it. There are pools as well but not sure if you can use them, I know I saw an area that was specfic for timeshare/condo owner's.

There beach area is small due to the hurricane a few years ago but the the water and beach are great and they have it roped off to keep boats ans seado's out of the swimming area.

Your gonna love it!

As for the Dreams Resort, it is quite nice it used to be called Camino Real and it has one of the most popular restuarants called Portofino (not cheap) but there are 3 or 4 of them now.

I really don't know what to say but here goes:

1)How much time in port! because Dreams is at least 45 min ride from port and by the time they do the cattle herding back and forth you waste a lot of time.

2) You can do a taxi to Westin for $10 to $12 they don't charge by passenger, they have preset price tables which should be posted inside the pier, if not they will have a tourist booth just ask approx how much to go to the Westin. The worse that can happen is you walk out of the pier make a left to the main road, cross the st. at the traffic light and flag a cab to go north. Also as your crossing the road lok left across the st and you will see Walmart and Sams.

The cab drivers are friendly and know where there going. PV has over 1000 taxi's.

3) I don't know what your paying for the excursion but you can go to the Westin order a couple appetizers and water if that's what u want or just order water. Or you can splurge.

They don't push the booze and food at all.

No wristbands no day pass issues.

It just came to me! The beach at the Weston is called "Nikki Beach" you can do a search on tripadvisor.com as I just did but make sure you put in Puerto Vallarta after the name otherwise y'll get th beach in Morroco.

We were on the VOS back in June, and walked over to the Krystal. We had pre-reserved massages (DD and myself) which were great! Then, afterwards, we went over to the pool area, which is really nice. The pool is hard to describe, but it is separated into 3 areas, linked by bridges.

The area we hung out near had "lounges" (of tile) in the pool, so you could actually lie in about 4 inches of water, and read a book. It was really nice.

The beach is right below the pool and there are umbrellas (of palm fronds) w/ chaises under them.

There was no charge to use the pool.

When you get to the Krystal gate, you just tell them you are on VOS (show your cruise card) and they let you in.

There is another thread about the Krsytal with good directions how to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my family and I will be on the Carnival Pride arriving in PV July 30th.. does anyone know if I can rent Jet Skis while at the Krystal? If so, how much? What other beach activities do they have? Thanks for your help.

Hi, my family and I will be on the Carnival Pride arriving in PV July 30th.. does anyone know if I can rent Jet Skis while at the Krystal? If so, how much? What other beach activities do they have? Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure how many vendors will be on the beach in July, as we've noticed that there are fewer in November than in Dec. - Mar. But usually, right in front of the Krystal, there are Jet Skis, banana boats, parasailing, sometimes little sailboats (I don't remember what they're called), horseback riding (usually right before sunset...but again, not sure if they're there in summer). Don't know the price, as none of us did any of that stuff this year.

As a general rule, the resorts in Vallarta do not offer any powered water sports. Independent vendors work the beach and drum up business. As the previous poster indicated, July is the tourist slow season and the vendors tend to get scarce.

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance.

I just got a quote today for Dreams. I think it is rediculously expensive. An all day pass is $89 and a half day pass is $55 per person. I'm not sure, the email was a little vague, but I think the all day pass might include food because they made a point of saying that the half day pass does not.

A better deal is at the Marival Resort. I had a very nice, informative, friendly, email from the concierge there. Here is an excerpt from his email.

"We do have day passes, you will be able to be at the hotel all day long if you want, from 10:00am to 12:00pm, all inclusive, with a charge of 75usd, But if you do not have enough time to spend here, you can get a day pass from 10:00am to 6:00pm for 45usd.

We also have this passes

Breakfast pass: 7:00 am to 11:30 am for 20 usd.

Lunch pass: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm for 25 usd.

Dinner pass: 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm for 30 usd.

As you see there are a lot of options, we will be waiting for you.

We are located in Nuevo Vallarta at only 20 minutes from the ships dock; the taxi will cost you 14 usd for 4 people."

I don't know how long your ship is in port but the Sun won't be there long enough to do the 1/2 day pass so I think we'll opt for the Lunch Pass for $25. Well worth it I think.

Hope this helps.

Kristy

I just got a quote today for Dreams. I think it is rediculously expensive. An all day pass is $89 and a half day pass is $55 per person. I'm not sure, the email was a little vague, but I think the all day pass might include food because they made a point of saying that the half day pass does not.

A better deal is at the Marival Resort. I had a very nice, informative, friendly, email from the concierge there. Here is an excerpt from his email.

"We do have day passes, you will be able to be at the hotel all day long if you want, from 10:00am to 12:00pm, all inclusive, with a charge of 75usd, But if you do not have enough time to spend here, you can get a day pass from 10:00am to 6:00pm for 45usd.

We also have this passes

Breakfast pass: 7:00 am to 11:30 am for 20 usd.

Lunch pass: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm for 25 usd.

Dinner pass: 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm for 30 usd.

As you see there are a lot of options, we will be waiting for you.

We are located in Nuevo Vallarta at only 20 minutes from the ships dock; the taxi will cost you 14 usd for 4 people."

I don't know how long your ship is in port but the Sun won't be there long enough to do the 1/2 day pass so I think we'll opt for the Lunch Pass for $25. Well worth it I think.

Hope this helps.

Kristy

Make sure you understand that the 140 peso ($14 USD) taxi price will be fore the bright yellow city taxis that operate just OUTSIDE the port property. The white taxis collectives (and cream imposters) that operate from the federal port property itself charge per person at an inflated rate. The bright yellow city taxis (sedans) charge per taxi ride with up to four passengers.

Enjoy!

Archived