Weird dreams about cruising

ozcaz

Hi all,

Not a ritual but does anyone else have weird dreams before going on a cruise.

Last night had a dream I was sitting on our balcony on the ship and decided to go water skiing!!!!!! Jumped over the side and was skiing behind the ship!

Now I cant say how I got back on because I have no idea but how weird is that!! Could you just imagine seeing a cruise boat with a person skiing behind it.

Even more weird is we havent even booked a balcony!!!!!

So if you have had any dreams about your cruise, except for the day dreaming we all do about going, Id love to hear about it!

Caz

I was actually having dreams (good ones) about cruising, and bugging my man about it, but we're in Saving Mode™ right now, so there was no chance.... then... my best friend calls out of the blue to say, "Come with me to Mexico! I'm going anyway - just pay for your booze!"

SO! I'm ON MY WAY!!!!

you are not alone. i have strange dreams about cruising all the time. the last one we had a oceanview room where the window opened and we had just gotten back to the ship and my friend was going through one of the stores and i headed back to the room but i did not have my key. when i got to the door it was open and all of a sudden there was a storm surge and the water was coming into the window. very strange! and i still have 123 days to go.

So far I have had 2 dreams about my cruise, both times I kept saying how I couldn't tell we were on a ship, there was no movement. The first I really don't remember too much but just the other night my dream was that I was in a room by myself sleeping on bed that was about the size of piano bench with a gawdy floral print cushion and when I woke up there was a huge family staying in the room with me instead of my mom, and we kept trying to get free postcards. It was strange, but funny!

Most of the dreams I have revolve around us ending up bringing the kids ( ages 1 and 2) with because no one could watch them. And I sit and worry that one will fall overboard. That and I forget my formal dresses or forget my nice shoes etc..... :p

I have a cruise coming up and keep dreaming that my DH and I go on the cruise and bring our cat or dog. In the dream I'm always saying, "This was a bad idea. We're going to need to mail her home or she'll jump over the balcony and drown." Very strange.

How weird that you posted this now.......I had a very strange cruise dream last night. Is there a ship called the Island Princess? In my dream, DH and I were on that ship with some friends and it was a tiny, tiny ship. We were jumping to shore from the deck and then jumping back on the ship from the dock. Then we put one of those slides (like they have coming out of the airplanes in an emergency) from the dock to the ship so people could slide on like that. It was very weird. I don't even want to tell DH about it....he will die laughing at me!

I haven't though about this for a long time, but ten years ago prior to my first cruise, I had a dream that I drove on to the cruise ship which was actually like a huge ferry boat. I parked my car & was going up on the deck, and suddenly I was underwater. I wasn't afraid at all & kept swimming around underwater & then ran into one of my friends--also on the cruise. The macabre thing about this is that he later tragically died in a drowning accident--several years later.

I'm about to go on my second cruise--in five weeks. Now, I'll be all worried about having another cruise dream.

Maryann

WOW! These dreams say a lot. You should take the time to get the dreams interpreted. Dreams are message to our souls. You should pay attention. I know...I now sound like some crazy freak, but...just have a dream interpreter interpret your dream, you will be amazed! I have a good friend that interprets dreams, let me know if you want his email address.

I got back from a cruise on sept 19th and I have been dreaming about being back on the ship ever since. It wasn't all it was supposed to be, we were to have four ports of call and ended up n only two on the other side of the carribbean, but blah, blah, blah...

I still want to go again...

I keep dreaming about being on the ship. I don't think I have enough skills to work on one and I think you have speak English plus another language and Pig-latin doesn't count!

:D I am so in love with cruisiong and this is why I'm taking a part time job this holiday season to apy for another cuise in january, I just gotta find a roomy!

We're sailing on the Rhapsody, 12/12/04, and this weekend I had a very strange dream. I dreamt that we boarded the ship, we were given the wrong cabin, this one was a suite... and we took Jingles (my cat) and Pooh (my dog... that just went to heaven) on the cruise with us! The Cruise knew about Jingles, but not about Pooh.... Then DH and his best friend show up at our cabin with our recliners! Very very strange.....

oh well... just thought I would share......

gail t :p

Last night I had a dream that we were standing at a dock & ship was coming in & I said "Look, it's the Disney Magic". Then we were on board our ship, The Summit (10/25) & all we had was our carry on luggage. I had to call home & have my daughter pack our clothes & mail them (ha ha ) to the next port. I guess the cruise is coming up soon & I am not packed & my DH hasn't even thought about what he is bringing. Anxiety.

I got back from a cruise on sept 19th and I have been dreaming about being back on the ship ever since. It wasn't all it was supposed to be, we were to have four ports of call and ended up n only two on the other side of the carribbean, but blah, blah, blah...

I still want to go again...

I keep dreaming about being on the ship. I don't think I have enough skills to work on one and I think you have speak English plus another language and Pig-latin doesn't count!

:D I am so in love with cruisiong and this is why I'm taking a part time job this holiday season to apy for another cuise in january, I just gotta find a roomy!

On our last cruise in May, for about a week or two every night I would have dreams that we were still on the ship. They were the kinda of dreams you have when you dream you are at work jsut doing your job. Nothing special happens you are just there. Actually they were pretty good dreams:D

Now if I could start the dreaming before I cruise just maybe that would make my cruise be longer:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Talk about bringing this post back from the dead.

I've been having these dreams where the driver took us to the wrong port in NYC. Last night i had a dream that the phones went dead in my house and I spent an hour trying to fix them before i left, and the bus (we chartered a coach bus to get our large group to the port) showed up and i was still trying to fix the phone lines. I had another dream where I got to the ship and they told us that this was a non cruising cruise, so we had to leave the boat every night and come back the next day.

I wake up in a panic sometimes! lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on several cruises, and have dreamt several times of being on a ship.The strange thing is it's not any of the ships I have been on, I don't recognise it at all, the fact is in places it is quite grubby and unkempt. Not only that but in the dream I am supposed to be cruising the Caribbean, but at one point we go ashore, and I have to go back and get on the ship in our local town.......which is in England....wierd

I've had numerous dreams in which after departing the pier, the ship must navigate down a river with rapids and waterfalls to reach open water. Sometimes it must squeeze down narrow plumes or shallow ditches with the sides and bottom scraping. They always end as the ship reaches the ocean.

i have cruising dreams a lot, they're all usually very strange...

one time we jumped through crazy tunnels (think Futurama) to get to a deck...even though the elevators were right next to us!

and one time i dreamt my boyfriend took his mother on the cruise with us (same cabin)...and also packed our dog!! :eek:

i'm glad i'm not the only one who dreams about this stuff! not that it's very surprising, considering i know that i obsess about cruising when i'm awake...makes sense that it carries over into night!

• 2 weeks later...

*first post*

anyways i recently had a very interesting, considering the events that followed, cruise related dream.

I dreamt that my sister and I were at home just doing nothing. Then my mother came home and told us to start packing. So I asked her what we were packing for and she told us that we were going on the Queen Mary 2. So I started jumping around my room in joy.

Strangely some time after I had that dream, my mother agreed to take me on the QE2. LOL

I've had TWO Dreams now about ending up in my cabin and realizing I missed the ship's leaving the dock, and I didn't stand on deck and wave!

This is one of the things I'm really looking forward to...so I guess that's why I've have two dreams about missing it!

Aboard Ecstasy last December and my 22 year old nephew was sleeping early evening so he could get up to catch the late night comedian......

Well, we were returning from the evenings show, and we rounded the corner from the elevator and we found him in his tighty whiteys with the room steward standing in the hall. He had a dream (Nightmare) that the ship was sinking and ran out of the cabin WITHOUT his key.

FUNNY STUFF

Vickie:D :D :D :D :D

I have been on 2 cruises (Superstar Leo and Diamond Princess). When I booked vPacific Sun I posted here asking about it nand said "I hope I'm not disappointed" Someone replied "be prepared to be disappointed".

Someone also told me going from my 2 cruises to the Pacific Sun was like going from a 5 star hotel to a caravan.

Then I had this dream.

My daughter and I went to our cabin (on Pacific Sun) and 2 cabins were joined by a curtain. There were lounges ijn front (open into the hall with a curtain for privacy). Someone was in our cabin and we said that we were supposed to be in there so they said they were next door.

Behind this was the bathroom. We were sitting in our room and people were walking past laughing and saying "ha, it looks like a caravan".

I'm not expecting luxury but I am expecting nto hve a great time (as long as my room has a door). LOL.

Archived