Happy to be onboard the Veendam!

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:49 PM.
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Weather was bright and sunny on sail day!....really enjoying cabin 420....great view out the back and just a few steps to the outside doorway to promenade.
Food has been good ....especially the sirloin and roasted potatoes...mmmmmm
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
Portland, Maine
782 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Tinknock50
Weather was bright and sunny on sail day!....really enjoying cabin 420....great view out the back and just a few steps to the outside doorway to promenade.
Food has been good ....especially the sirloin and roasted potatoes...mmmmmm
Have a FABULOUS cruise!
Gainesville, FL
3,330 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
I'm so glad that you are having a good time aboard the Veendam. Have a wonderful cruise.
368 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
How was the embarkation yesterday 9/19 in Vancouver?

There were to be 4 ships at Canada Place. There are only 2 most days. Both the Veendam and Statendam and 2 NCL ships. Also a RCI and Celebrity at the other pier. How long did it take you to check in? I had friends going on the Statendam and their TA told them to time their arrival for late afternoon.
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by kruzkeen
How was the embarkation yesterday 9/19 in Vancouver?

There were to be 4 ships at Canada Place. There are only 2 most days. Both the Veendam and Statendam and 2 NCL ships. Also a RCI and Celebrity at the other pier. How long did it take you to check in? I had friends going on the Statendam and their TA told them to time their arrival for late afternoon.
yes...it was a mess....a longer wait then it has been taking to get....a lot of confusion for many people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Lois R
Sean, hope you have a wonderful cruise
foggy on day 2....cool to hear the foghorn though!

Had a good workout this morning but I think i will be sore tommmorow....lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
also saw a lot of dolphins this morning....and right from my cabin too.....love this cabin for that reason....u can see the wildlife for a long time
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
South Carolina
28,896 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Tinknocks ....Very much enjoying reading your "live" updates from Veendam! So glad you're having a great cruise!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers
Alberta, Canada
1,247 Posts
Joined May 2001
Tinknock50 can you please go to the promanade deck and see what the benches/cabints that hold the extra life jackets say life jacket, life vest, saftey vest? Thanks
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
stopped raining as soon as we got into juneau.....food is great...just going to walk around today.

Sore today from my workout yesterday...LOL

Saw many whales this morning....enjoying watching the excitement of the pax as they spot them...one of my favorite parts of the cruise....

At the Juneau library using their free access....time almost out...later

Ship is spotless!.....but steamroom is being rebuilt,so couldn't use it....darn.

Happy to be cruising!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Last night the ship was really rocking and rolling in a gale. I loved sleeping while the ship moves!

The matress are very comfy and the sheets are very soft....best cruise bed I have ever had!

Still overcast in Juneau with a slight rain now and then. Although just now I see some blue sky peeking through.

I splurged and booked a bearwatching trip against the advice of some on this board who said it was too late in the season to see them feast on salmon.
Shore excursion desk said ther e were 2 bears there last week, so i decide to take the gamble. Atleast it will be an interesting plane flight and walk through the forest, so no huge loss if the bears aren't there.

On to Glacier Bay tommorow!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
O.C, California
12,251 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Tinknock50 glad that you are having a good time aboard the Veendam! Thanks for the updates! I am sailing thru you daily reports! Have a wonderful time!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Future Cruises: Carnival Glory 1/20/2018 ... Past Cruises: Carnival Splendor - March 2011 ... Carnival Paradise - April 2010 ... Ruby Princess - Nov 2009 ... Mariner of the Seas - April 2009 ... Mariner PreInagural - Feb. 19, 2009 ... Carnival Pride - April 2008 ... Carnival Spirit - Nov 2007 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2007 ... Carnival Paradise - March 2007 ... Westerdam - Oct 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - Dec 2005 ... Caribbean Princess B2B - May 2005 ... Zuiderdam B2B - Aug 2004- Hurricane Charley ... Sitmar Fair Sea - Jan 1986
My Travel Map: http://www.travbuddy.com/maps/7023672
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by mattR
Tinknock50 can you please go to the promanade deck and see what the benches/cabints that hold the extra life jackets say life jacket, life vest, saftey vest? Thanks
Life Jackets....lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Glacier Bay was just totally awesome! We got so close to the glaciers we felt we could almost touch them! We went to John Hopkins glacier and saw a lot of calving and one very fantasic large one!

Don't let anybody kid you....you can get closer to everything in the smaller s-class ships.

Sean
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean
Northern California
7,071 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Glad to hear that your visit to Glacier Bay was awesome. Unfortunately for the rising seas, this year has been very very warm in Alaska and the glaciers have been very active this year! It proved for very exciting viewing at Hubbard Glacier. I think Glacier Bay is on the top 10 "most pristine" places in the world. It is so good to see that they have regulated the number of visits into the Bay and kept it in it's pristine state! Hope the rest of your visit to Alaska is just as wonderful!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sher

Phoenix,AZ
10,307 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Got to see the bears out of Ketchikan! More when I get home, perhaps a mini-review
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sean