Can you upgrade your room once booked?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:35 AM.
Wellington, FL
308 Posts
Joined Mar 2000
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew if you can upgrade your room after booking and paying in full. I bought the cruise through Travelocity...got a balcony stateroom but I want to see about upgrading to a suite. Anyone know? Cruise isn't until October so I have some time and it shouldn't be too full yet.

Thanks in advance!!!

Karen
4,250 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
You really would need to call and ask...you should be able to since you are going to a higher category...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Empress of the Seas
Imagination
Fascination
Sensation
Destiny
Victory
NCL Sun
NCL Sea
Disney Magic
Disney Wonder
Celebrity Horizon
Regal Empress
601 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
My PCC told me that if I wanted to upgrade later to a more expensive stateroom...and it was available, there would be no problem re-booking...even if I am fully paid.

However, if you are trying to reduce your original costs (pay less money) due to a special that came after your booking, that will not happen.

So, call them up and spend some money!

Happy Sailing!!!
Claxton, TN
2,859 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
I booked directly through NCL, and had no problem calling them up to upgrade to a higher category. They are more than happy to take your money. I have even had them transfer me to another ship and kept my same reservation number. As long as you are not trying to upgrade using a "new booking" sale, it's not an issue. Have fun in your suite!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
13 Cruises, 104 Days, and more to come!!!
Holland America: Zuiderdam 2006, 2016 (Panama Canal); Statendam 2013 (Alaska)
NCL: Majesty 2007, 2009; Spirit 2009; Dawn 2017
Royal Caribbean: Liberty 2010; Freedom 2012; Vision 2012; Legend 2014; Oasis 2014; Rhapsody 2015 (E. Med.)