Live from the SKY

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:26 PM.
12 Posts
Joined May 2006
We are here and it is night #2, so far so good. Food is great, staff is great. I was terrified after all that I have read. We did have some black sandy stuff come up in one of our showers today, but they came immediately and cleaned it plus fixed it. I did see some blowers in the hall up from us drying carpet, but haven't heard anything. We did over hear a man that did not have A/C, but no one else that we have talked to has had any probs. Our BB room is COLD!! All common area are cool also. Freeport today, we went to the beach in front of the Westin, and did a snorkel tour on our own that is right next to the
Westin. We saved over $100 doing it on our own. Tonight was formal night and several people were not allowed in the main dining room with shorts on. One lady really made a big scence and they finally let her in to shut her up! Almost ruined our nice Lobster/Grouper dinner! The cabin is small and yes the drawer space is a joke, but everything is clean. The bed is the hardest thing I have ever slept on, but I am a memory foam sleeper! Room service is great, and has been very fast. Today for afternoon snack it was only 10 mins!!! The shows are great to me and my family. We enjoyed the Broadway medley they did tonight, and the Comedian is awesome. We are having a great time even with a couple of small bumps. Will update again later!
908 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
SO glad to hear you are having a nice time.

Watch those internet minutes though, I spent a small fortune on them, lol! Oh, and if you can, tell the nice hispanic lady at the Coffee Bar that Monica says high. She makes a mean Bloody Mary!!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"It's better in the aft!"

Previous cruises include:
Carnival Holiday, Carnival Sensation, Norwegian Pearl, Carnival Fascination, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Sky, Celebrity Solstice, Norwegian Pearl (again), Norwegian Jewel, MSC Divina - 10 cruises so far.

For pictures of our cruises please visit: http://community.webshots.com/user/blackerbys17

Up next:
1. MSC Divina - March 2015
miami florida
196 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by 5davisfamily
We are here and it is night #2, so far so good. Food is great, staff is great. I was terrified after all that I have read. We did have some black sandy stuff come up in one of our showers today, but they came immediately and cleaned it plus fixed it. I did see some blowers in the hall up from us drying carpet, but haven't heard anything. We did over hear a man that did not have A/C, but no one else that we have talked to has had any probs. Our BB room is COLD!! All common area are cool also. Freeport today, we went to the beach in front of the Westin, and did a snorkel tour on our own that is right next to the
Westin. We saved over $100 doing it on our own. Tonight was formal night and several people were not allowed in the main dining room with shorts on. One lady really made a big scence and they finally let her in to shut her up! Almost ruined our nice Lobster/Grouper dinner! The cabin is small and yes the drawer space is a joke, but everything is clean. The bed is the hardest thing I have ever slept on, but I am a memory foam sleeper! Room service is great, and has been very fast. Today for afternoon snack it was only 10 mins!!! The shows are great to me and my family. We enjoyed the Broadway medley they did tonight, and the Comedian is awesome. We are having a great time even with a couple of small bumps. Will update again later!
Its so great to hear that your cruise is going well. Can you confirm if there are coffee makers in the room? Do you mind telling me what cabin you are in..aft or front?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

20 +cruises and counting
MSC Divina- Dec 2013
1-RCL-Freedom OS 10-12-08
1-Prin=ess Ruby Inaaugural 11/08
4- NCL- Dawn 07/SKY 8-8-08;
Pearl /10-0/Epic 12/10/11
4 CEL-Mill 2002/Equinox Nov 09/Solstice Apr 18 2010/ Eclipse March 2012
3-PCL-Grand 2003/Crown Mar 09 & May 2010/Eclipse 03/19/10
1-CCL-Valor 2006
1-CST-Magica 2007
3-RCL-Majesty of the Seas 2001,2006
1-RCL Navigator of the seas 3/2003,
1-RCL Voyager of the Seas 11/02
1-RCL Explorer of the seas 9/01,
Florida
3,832 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Thank you so much for posting such a positive mini review. You're putting everyone at ease. I'm no longer panicking going on the Sky in 2 weeks. Thanks to all of those who sailed her before and blew the whistle so NCL could fix the problems. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. It goes fast when you are having fun.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL- Mariner 04 (GS) Majesty (GS) Jewel (GS) Enchantment (RS) Freedom (OS) Voyager - Med 07 (GS) Monarch (GS) Majesty (GS) Oasis (CL) Explorer (GS) Allure (D1) Liberty (GS) Explorer (JS) Quantum (D7) Quantum (SJ) Enchantment (GS) Liberty (JS) ) 17 cruises
Carnival - Victory (PH) Sensation (S1) Legend (PH) Miracle (GS) Victory (8C) 5 cruises
Seabourn - Pride (All Suite) Quest (PH) 2 cruises
Disney - Wonder (5D) Dream (4D) 2 cruises
Princess - Star (PH) Crown (PH) Royal (MA) Regal (MC) Ocean - British Islands 14 (MB) Regal (M1) 6 cruises
Cunard - QM2 - July 05 (A1) QM2 July 10 (Q6) QE August 15 (BA) 3 cruises
NCL - Dawn (AF) Pearl (GV) Jewel (A3) Dawn (AF) Spirit (OS) Gem (A2) Dawn (AB) Jewel (A3) Epic (A3) Gem (BE) Star (SF) Jade - Turkey 12 (S2) Gem (S5) Breakaway (S4) Escape (M2) Sky (Cuba) (BB) 16 cruises
Celebrity - Constellation (CC) Century (PH) Solstice (S1) Summit (SS) Millennium (S1) Reflection (S1) Constellation (RS) Edge (E1) 8 cruises
HAL - Westerdam 06 Alaska (SA) Eurodam (PS) Koningsdam (V) (B) twice 4 cruises
Crystal - Symphony (A1) 1 cruise
Silversea - Whisper (V3) 1 cruise
Virgin Voyages

63 cruises so far...

Coming Up...

Princess Regal (M1) 11/13/2017
Silversea SilverWhisper (V1) 12/16/2017
HAL Koningsdam (B) 12/27/2017
Celebrity Edge (S2) 4/14/2019
Virgin Voyages 2020

Weeki Wachee, Fl.
1,008 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
I am thrilled your cruise is going well.....we sail Sept.1st.

It looks like they are finally listening to those who sailed before and they responded to the flood of calls, emails and cancellations -and read these forums.

Have a great sailing....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Veracruz '88
NCL-Dreamward '96
Carnival-Celebration '97
HAL-Westerdam '99
American Hawaiian-SS Independence '99
Regal-Regal Empress '00
HAL-Zandam '00
HAL-Noordam '01
HAL-Westerdam '02
Costa-Victoria '03
RCCL-Sov.of the Seas '03
Celebrity-Horizon '03
Celebrity-Horizon '04
Carnival-Miracle '05
Carnival-Glory '06
Carnival-Inspiration '07
Costa-Magica x2 '07
Carnival-Inspiration '07
RCCL-Grandeur of the Seas '08
Costa-Fortuna '08
Carnival-Legend '09
RCCL- Monarch of the Seas '09
Carnival-Glory '09
2010-
2011-
Carnival- Paradise '12
HAL- Ryndam '13
Winter Haven, Fl
1,169 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Can I bring a 12 pack of soda onboard
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NAVY MOM!!!!
Voyager of the seas 08/00-western caribbean
Norwegian Dawn 10/03-bahamas
Enchantment of the seas 08/04 -eastern caribbean
Voyager of the seas-05/05 aruba/labadee
Carnival Inspiration -10/06 Cozumel
Carnival Liberty 11/06 Costa Rica/Panama
Carnival Inspiration 10/07 Cozumel, Grand Cayman
Norwegian Sky 09/08 Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay
Carnival Splendor 11/08-Half Moon Cay/Nassau BACK 2 BACK
Carnival Dream 12/09-Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas
Carnival Dream 09/11-Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel
Carnival Sensation 11/12 Nassau
Carnival Freedom 03/14 Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Freedom 02/15 Exotic Southern
Carnival Paradise 07/2015

Upcoming Cruises: 2 JOURNEYS CRUISES

Carnival Sunshine 02/2016
Carnival Pride 01/2017
Naples, FL, USA
687 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Originally posted by TITISSA
Thanks to all of those who sailed her before and blew the whistle so NCL could fix the problems.
I am sure NCL appreciates CC members but for some reason I doubt they only fixed the A/C and got the service issues worked out because of the "Whistle blowers".

Glad to hear things are running so smoothly.
12 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by madaamt
Can I bring a 12 pack of soda onboard
We brought several cases of soda and it was not a problem, but a couple of cans did bust coming aboard and made a mess of one bag!LOL