ABC album for our 4th cruise

Homestead Mama

Hello

We are about to go on our 4th cruise and since my cruise album is full. I thought that i would try something different.. thinking of doing a 8 x 8 size and do the ABC thing.. I would love your ideas for the letters .. this is what i have so far...

A - All aboard

B - Breakfast on balcony

C - cabin, Cova Cafe,

D - Day @ sea, Departure ( would love to get a pic of Seattle sky line with the space needle), Dining stewards

E - Eating, eagles, extravaganza buffet

F - Fabulous Food

G - Grand foyer, gifts for girls

H - Huge boat ( pic of hubby beside boat to show how big) , handsome

couple, hot tubing

I - Incrediable sunsets, ice sculptures, Islands of Jan Island, Iteniary

J - Just you and me,

K ????

L - lifeboat drill

M - Mercury ( pictures of the inside of this boat)

N - Nanaimo. BC ( one of our ports), new friends

0 - Ocean, orcas,

P - Pool, portholes with sunset,

Q - Quiet times , queen for a week

R- Room steward, relaxtion,

S - Stateroom, Stewards, sunsets, San Jan Island

T - Theaters, towel animals

U - ??

V - Victoria B.C

W - Whales,

X - Symbol of Celebrity cruises..

Y - ???

Z- pic of hubby sleeping on balcony

As you can see some I will have to choice and some i need Help..

thanks

I'm planning to use a 12 x 12 though, as I can never choose or eliminate photos very well. Also, for some letters, I have more than one thing listed.

I'm doing a Western Caribbean cruise so my ABC's are a bit different than what you'll need, but for the letters U and Y I was also stumped. I ended up with (for now, anyway):

U = Useful Things - I figure a page with a photo or photos of the useful things I took contrasted with a photo or photos of the things I took based on my own ideas or the suggestions of others that turned out to be totally useless (will I really need that duct tape???). I plan to journal for each category as to where I go the suggestion and it was useful or useless. I did something similar for our scrapbook of our trip to NY city titled "Things we could not do without" where I highlighted all the things that we "must have" in order to make our family vacations more successful. It turned out quite nice.

Y = Yummmm - I figure a page dedicated to the food photos I plan to take. I see that you have food for the letter F; I have "formal night" for F.

HTH. Sounds like a fun way to display your cruise photos.

Shara

thanks for the ideas,, I am still wavering between 12 x 12 and somthing smaller... do you only do a two page/one page layout for each letter?? Like with the letter M ... I know i will have lots of pictures of our ship - Mercury.. so wondering if doing more pages for some letters will look ok?

Love the idea about F.. formal night.. even tho we are only going for 4 nights.. we still have a formal night.

I did an a to z album of a few combined cruises also.

For Y I did Yacht then had a large stock photo of the sapphire princess. Very tongue in cheek

For k i did kids and used photos of the island kids

I also did quiet for q using a photo of my feet over the edge of the ship.

for U I did unforgettable and put a photo of us sailing under the sydney harbour bridge for the first time on our first cruise

For the opening page i did something like:

??? days

???ports

???cruises

family bonding time priceless and a lifestyle photo of us all hugging.

This was much better than trying to do an album for each cruises, I also managed to get a lot of the port stops in with the other letters, lucky for us we have been to, half moon cay, vanuatu, isle of pines, grand turk, and roturua which helped with those hard letters.

hope some of this helps

I so love this idea. I did 212 pages for my 1st Alaskan Cruise from last year and we are going back again this year and was really didn't want to do the same old same old again. So I think I will take your idea and run with it.

Thanks again!

thank you ladies for all your great ideas!!

What do you think of doing more than one idea per letter?? some on them I might have a hard time choicing :( . If anybody has done this before and would love to show it off.. I would love to see it!!:D

later

I just heard about an ABC scrapbook today from another lady, so seeing it today was interesting!

I always do an album of our cruises but I just used a regular album and never scrapbooked one but this is an idea to pursue

I tend to keep receipts, booklets, etc (room card) from every cruise too

It is so much fun (and easy to jog the memory) with an album or scrapbook.

I thought the ideas already written up here are very good but will put on my thinking cap for some more.

good luck to all of you planning to complete this project!:)

cute idea

for "U" I was thinking of Ultimate Views--pics of nature would be great, like sunrise and sunset

I liked the idea of Yummy for "Y" and doing pics of food items

"K" for kids is good, but I think only if you are traveling with kids yourself...if you enjoy performing or watching karaoke, that might work for "K"...you could do it as "Karaoke, etc." and include all onboard activities on that page

also was a good idea to move the food pics to Y for Yummy and then use F for Formal Night...another idea for F is "Fun Ship" where you could include pics of various places on the ship as well as exterior pics of the ship while it is docked

Here is my list of ABC photos so far. Hope this will help and maybe you guys have some suggestions for me. Hopefully it won't seem like hijacking this thread, but if anyone has useful suggestions for some of my more lame ideas I would appreciate your feedback.

My cruise is to the Western Caribbean, so not all of these suggestions will be applicable for an Alaskan cruise. Just as info, mine is a scrapbooking cruise, so some items relate to our scrapbooking time.

A = All Abroad (photos of embarkation process. We plan to swap cameras so we can be in our own photos while going aboard)

B = Bon Voyage, Bubbles, Beaches (we plan to bring bubbles for the sail away, photograph the bon voyage bubble-blowing mayhem)

C = Cozumel, Cooking Class, Cabin, Captain, Cricut (scrapbooking), Capers

D = Drink of the Day, Dunn's River Falls,

E = Elegant dresses (lame, need suggestions for E)

F = Formal Night, fellow scrapbookers, Fern Gully

G = Grand Cayman, Gang way or Gang Plank (boarding after spending day in port? Lame, could some other suggestions for G)

H = Hell (on Grand Cayman), Happy, other suggestions?

I = International Flags, Ice Sculptures, Itinerary,

J = Jamaica, Joining in (if we participate in nay on board things) any other suggestions for J?

K = kids (Jamaican kids during school visit),

L = Locals, life vests, lazing around the pool, Lido deck

M = Markets, Maitre D', Muster Drill,

N = Nightlife, any other suggestions for N?

O = Ocho Rios, Opulence (suggestion from Kaseyoz, I believe)

P = Ports of Call, Pool, Port Hole views, Port of Miami (embarkation port)

Q = Quesidilla (in Cozumel), Quiet (if we can find a spot to chill out & relax where it is quiet) any other suggestions for Q?

R = Railings (various photo ops at railings - lame, I know :) , Rum Cakes and/or Rum Factory, Room Steward (thanks OP for that one), room service, relaxation

S = Spa area, Scrapbook room, Sting Ray city, Sand

T = Triumph (various photos of ship), Towel Animals, Turtle Farm, Taxi Drivers, Tour guides

U = Useful things, Umbellas (photos of my friends & I chilling out under the beach umbellas while in port)

W = Wine, Waiters, any other suggestions for W

X = Roman numeral for 10 - listing top ten things about the week, the cruise etc. any other suggestions for X?

Y = Yummm - food photos (from ship and each port of call)

Z = Zzzzz "No way, too much fun to sleep" kind of thing. Suggested by another scapper on these boards although I can't remember which one (sorry :confused:) Any other suggestions for Z?

Hopefully this list will spark someone else's creativity, and I would really appreciate any other suggestions (for any of the letters, really). Who knows, maybe we'll all find inspiration :D

Cheers!

Shara

Hi, I don't know what cruise line you are taking.. we are taking Celebrity and so for the letter X. I am going to cut a picture or two into letter X . I was wondering .. for each letter are you going to do different things.. like for B you have beach bubbles. Are you going to scrap both for the letter B?

Having never done a abc album I am wanting to hear what others do :)

Well, that's the idea I have in my head. Although, most ideas turn out better in my head than in the album, LOL!

I typically scrap in 12 x 12 format and mainly use two page spreads. So, my plan is to use kaseyoz's "priceless" idea for the cover page, then start with two page spreads for each letter of the alphabet.

So, I will do "A" and scrap whatever I come up with for A, next two page spread will cover "B", where I will scrap all the things starting with B. I'm pretty good at journaling and adding mementos, which I will use to fill in any bare spots. And so on.

I'm thinking for the back page I will do a "thanks to all those who made this cruise possible" kind of tongue-in-cheek dedication page for hubby & kids since I'm leaving them for almost 10 days to cruise & scrap with my girlfriends :-)

I'd love to hear more about your plans and see your scrapbook once you've finished. We don't cruise until January so I have a while to wait.

Cheers,

Shara

here are a few ideas--it's sort of late right now, so some of these may sound a little "out there" :o

E for Escape...pics showing the essence of an escape to paradise, even onboard, such as at the spa or in the hot tub...or you could go with E for Exotic and use pics of some of the wildlife, flowers and other natural scenes you experience on shore

H for Hooked on Scrapping...where you could highlight some of the scrapping activities you do on board

J for Just the Girls...pics of you and your girlfriends doing girl stuff

N for No Worries...since I assume you'll be doing at least one Jamaican port, this just seems appropriate :cool: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Q for Quick Takes...a page where I envision random shots of people and/or activities--and even some surprise shots where you catch your friends off-guard...another ideas is Q for Quips...similar to quick takes but maybe with pics that you could use the speech or thought "balloons" to indicate what you and your friends were thinking or saying at the moment, with a humorous twist of course

W for Western Caribbean--although this is sounding kinda "lame" as I type it LOL :p maybe W for Water Fun...you could use pics of you and your friends hanging out by the pool or even going down the slide if the ship has one...if any shore excursions involve water-related activities, such as jet skis or snorkeling, you could use that theme

the idea I have for X is sort of "off beat"...X Marks the Spot could go with a pirate theme...I can envision a treasure map with a big X on it where the treasure is located...you could use the pirate motif on the page and then go with a choice of pics--one idea being to include pics of you and your friends shopping in the ports or even on board looking for your own treasures...or, since you may actually see some pirate-related attractions or sights while in one of the ports, you could include some of those photos in the layout

those are my ideas for now...I need to get some sleep!

I think this is a lovely idea :D

How about these ideas for your missing letters?......

K - Keel, Kids (show some of the local islander children). I also came up with Kava Ceremony but it might not be applicable to the ports you've cruised to?

U - UV Rays (sunbaking photos), Under Water (show some fishy pics)

Z- pic of hubby sleeping on balcony (Cute! Or what about Zodiac and show a photo of the tender boats?)

For X you could also use the 2nd letter of some words to make it a bit easier, as in eXquisite views, eXcess luggage etc....

Would love to see some photos of your album once you've finished it :)

Thanks for the great ideas. I love this board for the fact that there are so many helpful folks. Tiger Belle and Msminx those are some awesome suggestions. I'm definitely replacing "elegant dresses" with "Escape". Actually, I'm going to use all of those suggestions. Love the UV rays!

Homestead Mama, just noticed you ask:

"Like with the letter M ... I know i will have lots of pictures of our ship - Mercury.. so wondering if doing more pages for some letters will look ok?"

If you're using 8 x 8 you may find you need more pages for M since you already know you're going to have lots of photos. Which I think would look fine if you went to multiple pages for the same letter, but you may find it easier to use a larger format such as 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12.

One suggestion before you decide on the size to go with is to layout the photos you have decided to scrap and see how much room you need for each letter.

For example, for everything you're going to scrap for "A" you could lay out the photos on your table in the way you think you may put them on a page (or two page spread).

Just lay them all out and then figure some room for mementos, journaling and/or embellishments if you're using them. Measure how much room you need to get everything on page (or two page spread) without crowding the photos.

Is the necessary space closer to 8 x 8, 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12? Write it down. At this point, some folks would put all the photos & other doo dads into a page protector or manila envelope before moving onto the next letter.

Same thing for each letter. It will take some time to get through all letters but while you're organizing the photos & the other items for your pages you're really going to save yourself a load of time when you sit down to scrap. You won't have to think about it so much and you can move right to the doing. If you're super organized you can add the papers and embellishments to the envelope. Just mark the outside with the corresponding letter.

Okay, so now you have laid out the photos & possibly other doo dads for each letter and you've written down approximately how much space you will for each letter.

Whatever size appears the most number of times on my list is the size/format I would go with. So if you have 8 x 8 listed 25 times and only M requires a larger space you could just do multiple pages for M.

Or you could use a 12 x 12 and fill in any gaps with journaling, historical data printed from the internet, interviews from the subjects in the photos, etc.

For example, if you include a photo of you & hubby hot tubing you ask hubby some questions and then type it up with answers on the computer and include it as part of your journaling.

Example:

Homestead Mama: So hubby, what did you think of the hot tub?

Hubby: Thought it was great

HM: What was your favorite thing about it?

H: Seeing you in your bathing suit.

HM: You did notice the topless woman, right?

H: There was a topless woman?

HM: Ahhhh...smart man you are...

You can use the interview thing with any theme really. It's a good space filler and is fun to look back years from now and see what someone else had to say about the event.

Anyway, you get the idea. Personally, I would go with 12 x 12 and fill in the gaps with other "stuff" but if 8 x 8 is you preferred size then just do multiple pages where necessary. Whatever you decide on I hope you'll post it for all of us to see :p.

HTH,

Shara

Hello..

thank you Mom2sons for all your great help.. I first thought doing a different size album might be fun. but the more I think about it and because we love to take pictures.. I will also be doing a 12 x 12. :D

Exspecially if I decide to do more than one item per letter. On the front page of my first cruise album I have a diecut of cruise boat on three sets of waves.. running along the waves are the things written that I don't worry about when cruising.. so could add to someone's idea about No worries for letter N.. I have No dishes,, No laundry, No whining kids, No cleaning house, No meals to make.It would be very easy to take pictures of pile of laundry,, dishes filling the sink, etc for this page. I wish i could show you my page.. I need to learn how to do that yet! I can't wait for our cruise. I am envious of you who get to go cruising and scrapbooking at the same time.. WOW...both of my favorite things to do.. A friend and I have thought about taking one but wondered if we would be able to have time to enjoy all the different ports and still not miss anything to do with the scrapbooking side of the cruise. Would love to hear how it goes.

Ok I am off to take last load of green beans out of canner.. and to bed I go

later..

Hello..

thank you Mom2sons for all your great help.. I first thought doing a different size album might be fun. but the more I think about it and because we love to take pictures.. I will also be doing a 12 x 12. :D

Exspecially if I decide to do more than one item per letter. On the front page of my first cruise album I have a diecut of cruise boat on three sets of waves.. running along the waves are the things written that I don't worry about when cruising.. so could add to someone's idea about No worries for letter N.. I have No dishes,, No laundry, No whining kids, No cleaning house, No meals to make.It would be very easy to take pictures of pile of laundry,, dishes filling the sink, etc for this page. I wish i could show you my page.. I need to learn how to do that yet! I can't wait for our cruise. I am envious of you who get to go cruising and scrapbooking at the same time.. WOW...both of my favorite things to do.. A friend and I have thought about taking one but wondered if we would be able to have time to enjoy all the different ports and still not miss anything to do with the scrapbooking side of the cruise. Would love to hear how it goes.

later..

Hello..

later..

Hello..

later..

Hello..

later..

Hello..

later..

Hello..

later..

Hello..

later..

Archived