Lifeboats>>> Anyone know how many people they hold?

Rocky2006

Modern cruise ships carry a variety of survival craft. Passengers are invariably assigned to lifeboats or similar survival craft. The total capacity of all the survival craft on board will exceed the total number of persons and crew on the vessel.

They have the Standard orange Lifeboats and also have the Canisters throughout the ship.

Fred

This is an example of the ones used on the Spirit Class ships:

Tender and lifeboats

12 x partially enclosed lifeboats (capacity 150 persons each)

2 x semi-rigid man overboard rescue lifeboats.

6 x enclosed cruise tender/ lifeboats (capacity 150 persons each),

52 x inflatable lifecrafts (capacity 35 persons each)

Fred

oh, I can just see it now.. the posts and the complaints...

we had to evacuate and I got stuck in the partially enclosed lifeboat and my hair got wet.

I want a refund. Why did those people get the completely enclosed lifeboat? I'm a VIP and I saw people on that enclosed lifeboat with red, white and blue SSs.

The lifeboat was dirty and they expected me to get in that??? I need a refund.

Why don't they have adult only lifeboats? There were three kids in my boat and I just know they were the ones who were pushing the elevator buttons.

I personally think the lifeboats were gaudy, RCI has much better lifeboats

Why didn't they serve lunch earlier if they were going to evacuate us? I'm supposed to get fed every two hours.

Another way to look at it is that most of the passengers will be in the regular life boats. The crew is stuck in the inflatable cannister liferafts. I believe I would go with the crew as it only holds 35 people. The lifeboats will have 150 folks all with opinions and whines.

Dave

Just curious...we are going on the Fascination and the Miracle on Feb/09...

How many lifeboats on each ship?

Thanks;)

There are plenty and different kinds. Some as small as inflatables that hold about 25 and others that are capable of holding over 250 people. No need to worry.

No worries mate! Remember on all the packing lists everyone advises you to bring duct tape? In case you were wondering why: It is so that you can tape your deck chair to your cooler! If you're very careful and tape AROUND the lid you can still have a cool one on your unexpected "excursion"! LOL! :D

redneckbassboat.jpg

LOL... THAT'S GOOD STUFF!!

No worries mate! Remember on all the packing lists everyone advises you to bring duct tape? In case you were wondering why: It is so that you can tape your deck chair to your cooler! If you're very careful and tape AROUND the lid you can still have a cool one on your unexpected "excursion"! LOL! :D

redneckbassboat.jpg

redneckbassboat.jpg

WAIT!!!! Your forgot about the fishing pole!! That way we can fish to pass the time and make sure we're all fed until help arrives!!:D

Nicely done.

Sounds like something right from the Red Green show.

Lifeboats>>> Anyone know how many people they hold?

Just curious...we are going on the Fascination and the Miracle on Feb/09...

How many lifeboats on each ship?

Thanks

Well, let's see.....I think I know the answer to this one......hmmm, 7, for sure.

There's Gilligan,1a.gif the Skipper too,2a.gif the Millionaire3a.gif

and his wife, the movie star,5a.gif the Professor 6a.gif

and Mary Ann,7a.gif . Yes, definitely 7 for sure. Have a nice day!

The better question would be weight capacity. I know a lot of people really plump up after the all you can eat buffet and some DODs.;)

Like Ron White said, "You ever take a ***** big enough that the life boat fit better?" (paraphrasing)

Archived