wanted!!! your x-tra ship on a stick

kokopops

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't understand what a 'ship on a stick' is.

It's a "24 carat GOLD ship on a stick". It a prize they give you for winning games such as trivia on Carnival ships. It's a gold plastic carnival ship model on a base. They always joke about it being 24 carat GOLD plastic. They are most coveted items. My sits on the stereo shelf in my living room to remind me of all the fun I have on Carnival ships. I know somewhere here on the boards there is a photo of it. Do a search.

Kathy in northern Maine

• 3 months later...
It's a "24 carat GOLD ship on a stick". It a prize they give you for winning games such as trivia on Carnival ships. It's a gold plastic carnival ship model on a base. They always joke about it being 24 carat GOLD plastic. They are most coveted items. My sits on the stereo shelf in my living room to remind me of all the fun I have on Carnival ships. I know somewhere here on the boards there is a photo of it. Do a search.

Kathy in northern Maine

here's mine- with my Splendor medals!

BTW-I have an extra Elation I would like to trade for a Paradise (just in case I can't win one one my own) to add to my "fleet."

prizes.jpg.0357dffeaa8781958ce83be2e415a090.jpg

100_5817.jpg.50809a4816cb22792eadcceb98356f4d.jpg

100_5816.jpg.06d790a2e589a77fb745f5b4d68ef644.jpg

Edited by cherylcorwin

• 3 months later...

WHAT! That would be like...like SELLING A CHILD! No! Bad enough my wife made me take mine to my office. Women just don't understand. It's major award and deserved that spot in the middle of my mantle. You must go on a cruise, make a fool of yourself and WIN IT LIKE A MAN!!

• 3 weeks later...
WHAT! That would be like...like SELLING A CHILD! No! Bad enough my wife made me take mine to my office. Women just don't understand. It's major award and deserved that spot in the middle of my mantle. You must go on a cruise, make a fool of yourself and WIN IT LIKE A MAN!!

Great description Woodeye!

• 4 weeks later...

i concur, i didn't rub up against those uuggly judges in the hairy chest contest to just give it away!:D practice your dance moves and perfect best chippendale imitiation and win your own;)

• 2 months later...

Dang... I didn't know these were so valuable.. we won a dozen or so many playing trivia the past 2 years -- we dismantled a few to make into ornaments for the Christmas palm tree etc... I will see how many I can find but I think we only have 3-4 left..

To the posters who lost their ships on a stick in a divorce. Did your attorneys have to negotiate and your spouses won? I don't understand. Couldn't you have just agreed to joint custody? Or, better yet, couldn't you have just split them up between you? That would have been my preference. LOL!

• 1 month later...
here's mine- with my Splendor medals!

BTW-I have an extra Elation I would like to trade for a Paradise (just in case I can't win one one my own) to add to my "fleet."

We have extra Spriit, Legend , Splendour, & 1 Elation. Would be willing to trade one for an Ecstasy Ship so that could complete our "fleet". Make an offer if interested in others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

When we were on our first cruise - Legend (7/08) - we won a ship on a stick and a medal, as a family. It had a special place in a living room bookshelf.

Next came a cruise for me and my mom on the Miracle (3/09), but no rewards, or chances for them. I was so bummed.

Then, my husband and son sailed the Glory (7/10)....nothing.

Then, last month (7/12) our family sailed teh Miracle. We happened to be sailing when it was my b'day, and my family kept asking me what I wanted for my b'day. Finally, I said...."just a ship on a stick. that's all I want." Well, by the end of the eight days, we had FIVE ships on sticks, and two medals :)

So, now the Miracle joins the Legend in the bookshelf, another sits on the mantle, and the other three are on the woodwork piece over each kid's door!

Sorry guys....the ship on the stick is NOT just a "man's" thing ;)

blessings..robin