San Juan Walking Tour 0r Rain Forest-Help Sailing Soon

sailaway211

We have never been in San Juan (Actually only airport runs) and we will be there from 7:00 am until 2:00 pm traveling on the Voyager. Would it be better to do a walking tour of old San Juan or see the El Yunque Rain Forest? Does anyone have names of tour guides for these excursions? We are a family of 4 (the kids are 14 and 10). Leaving in a few weeks. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'd suggest Old San Juan.... take taxi over to cruise docks and then catch "yellow bus" ?? which is free and circles through the old town up to Fort Morro and the other (my memory is bad on names this morning)then you can walk back downhill through the town to the cruise port perhaps stopping for bite to eat... then catch taxi over to your ship... your real problem is what to do with your luggage and I don't have any advise on that maybe someone can help here.

have a similar problem we dock at 8:30 but the fly is at 7:00 for your luggage check this site, it was given to me and they hold it for a fee www.audioguapr.com I wrote to them for further info. I hope this will help you

also check with your airline some of them let you check in really early, other such as Continental let you check in 4 hrs. early

• 4 weeks later...

We did both when we were in San Juan last month. You definitely need a tour guide for Old San Juan to make the experience memorable. Rain Forest will be memorable but it will also take most of your time. We went on our own and enjoyed it. I've heard that the big tour groups just bus you there, let you off at the falls for picture taking and bring you back; most of the time spent commuting. It will rain on you. We used Debbie at Legends of Puerto Rico for our walking tour; two hours with more history and info than we could hold. 10:00am - 12:00noon. Her web site is http://www.*****.com. Good luck!

JimP

I have used Jesus Falcon in San Juan twice and both times were great. Jesus is very nice, bilingual (English and Spanish) and just a joy to be around. He will taylor your experience for you and take you where you want to go and when you want. I will give you an example. Eight of us were going to the Rain Forest (Awesome) and the women on the way said, "Were Hungry", he stopped and took us to get breakfast and it in itself was a really neat experience. You just can't get that from a Cruise Line and he is less expensive too.

Horseback, City Tour, Bicardi Tour, Rainforest Tour, Jesus does it all.

His Phone numbers are:

Home 787-797-1936

Mobile 787-593-0120

Pete Taylor is the man in Jamaica, Jesus Falcon is the man in San Juan!!

Brad

Bafiremed@yahoo.com

Explorer of the seas 10-11-2002

Navigator of the seas 10-12-2003

Adventure of the seas 10-17-2004

Archived