Legend Azipod Problem

Cruzaholic41

Today, the Legend was ordered in to Key West due to a faulty azipod. The azipod was leaking oil into the water and was ordered into port by the Captain of the Port. She is moored in Key West with a boom around her.

I'm not sure of repair times or extent, but next week's cruisers may want to keep an eye on it.

Do you have a link to the source article?

As per the above please post a link to the source if you have one....as this is our FIRST CRUISE next week we would like to keep track of this situation and we would be VERY disappointed if cancelled :(

Out of curiosity what does Carnival do for its passengers with this scenario?

As per the above please post a link to the source if you have one....as this is our FIRST CRUISE next week we would like to keep track of this situation and we would be VERY disappointed if cancelled :(

Out of curiosity what does Carnival do for its passengers with this scenario?

If your cruise is cancelled, as it probably would be in this situation, if this is true, you would be refunded in full. Think positively. Or pray.

No Carnival ship on the Mallory square cam where it looks like ship might port at key west. No cam at Truman Annex or the closed US Naval Base on the outskirts of town. These are the three places ship dock while in port. So if its in Key West, it would have to be at one of the last 2 because its not at Mallory Square. Here is the link for the Keys webcams. http://floridakeyswebcams.tv/

Why would Legend have been near Key West?

It doesn't crusie down that way at all. If it is there, it is a major problem and it is going to take an immediate dry dock to fix. Something makes me think that it is not Legend but some other ship.

Suppose if I had to be stranded in any port, Key West would be 'on the top of my list'!!:p Hope it's just a joke, tho'.... ;)

OP has been around for awhile, so you would think he/she wouldn't start a thread like this unless its true. But hey, we all been bored at some point:).

Hey, if you stuck at this port or need to leave for what ever reason, you wont need a PP :D.

Why would Legend have been near Key West?

It doesn't crusie down that way at all. If it is there, it is a major problem and it is going to take an immediate dry dock to fix. Something makes me think that it is not Legend but some other ship.

Maybe they were near by it when the leak started????? I have no idea about the itin. of any Carnival ship except the one I will be on in May :D. It seems to leave from Tampa, then head west. Doesnt seem that Key West would even be close.

Maybe they were near by it when the leak started????? I have no idea about the itin. of any Carnival ship except the one I will be on in May :D. It seems to leave from Tampa, then head west. Doesnt seem that Key West would even be close.

It goes from Tampa to Grand Cayman, then toward Mexico, Belize and Honduras, then back to Tampa (I only know because we did this one last summer and are booked again this summer.) Key West is a big detour, but stranger things happen.

Sorry I didn't follow up....as you can see by my post count, I do not spend a whole lot of time posting on CC.

This was not in an article. I am in Key West this week and thought it was odd that the Legend was pulling in yesterday at 9:00. It is not a ship I normally see here. I was further confused when I saw the boom around the ship.

My son works for the Coast Guard in Key West, and he gave me the scoop on the unscheduled stop. Apparently, they were able to fix the problem by sunset and the ship went on it's way.

And yes, Carnival Freedom was also here, as was the Veendam.

The Carnival Legend was scheduled to vist Key West. It was a change in the itinerary for this week only. The ship was chartered as a nude cruise this week so perhaps Key West was a port of interest for this group.

I am sure of this as we have folks we know on the Legend right now. Have not spoke to them but I know they were scheduled to visit Key West this week.

Regards,

Dr. Jack

p.s. I also called Carnival and thes told me there was no itinerary change for next week for the Legend.

The Carnival Legend was scheduled to vist Key West. It was a change in the itinerary for this week only. The ship was chartered as a nude cruise this week so perhaps Key West was a port of interest for this group.

I am sure of this as we have folks we know on the Legend right now. Have not spoke to them but I know they were scheduled to visit Key West this week.

Regards,

Dr. Jack

p.s. I also called Carnival and thes told me there was no itinerary change for next week for the Legend.

Dr. Jack,

I wonder what those nekkid folks could have thrown in the water to require a boom around her? :eek::D

Some ports restrict cleaning of ship's exterior while in port. Perhaps Key West is one such port and the boom may be an additional requirement if cleaning is required? Just a thought.

Archived