Kids Crew backpack & Teen Passport Programs

seasideny

Anyone ever buy these?

NCL offers the kids backpack and teen passport program but there aren't a lot of details. What exactly is in the backpack? Can the teem passport non-alcoholic drinks be sodas? Where do you order these drinks/smoothies?

Anyone ever buy these?

NCL offers the kids backpack and teen passport program but there aren't a lot of details. What exactly is in the backpack? Can the teem passport non-alcoholic drinks be sodas? Where do you order these drinks/smoothies?

Teen passports can be used for smoothies and sodas. You can get the passport at any bar and use the coupons anywhere you can get a drink.... bars, diningrooms etc.

This was a highlight of the cruise for my teenager daughter. She thought she was so cool and grown up ordering her smoothies at the bar. She really enjoyed the pina coladas. The booklet was a little awkward in her lanyard so she would tear out her daily allotment of coupons from her book each morning and tuck them in behind her key card. She figured with twenty coupons she could have three per day. We purchased her passport in the teen club during sign up the first day.

When we were on the Dream, there was a mother arranging to purchase a backpack the first day. I believe they told her it would be ready the next day (or possibly that evening). If you order in advance, it's all ready for you. Since our daughter doesn't drink sodas, the soda card didn't do us a lot of good, but on the Pearl, we purchased the teen passport for her. They're available at any bar, and anyone can use the coupons. My husband drank more smoothies than she did! :)

If your child is planning on drinking sodas, I recommend the soda card. It costs less than the teen passport and it's unlimited. The teen passport is actually a book of individual coupons that can be used to get smoothies at any place that serves drinks. The passport is a great deal for someone drinking smoothies because they cost more than sodas, but I think if you used them for sodas, you'd be losing money.

Can someone let me know if the Kids Crew Back Pack is available to purchase on board, or do I have to order it ahead of time with the form on the website. Thanks.

I just got off the Gem and was able to buy this the first day onboard from the kids' crew, during the open house. My 3 year old loved it - the backpack itself especially. It came in very handy on excursions. The cost with the soda card for 10 days was $46.00. WELL worth the $$! The soda "card" was a wristband, but he didn't wear it; we just carried it with us.

The kids soda card it about 1/2 the price of the adult soda card. Check the prices and see if you want the backpack. If they have not updated it it primary colors and my kids thought it was baby-ish. It may have improved. They get a free t-shirt in kids crew on the last night to color/paint. Check the price differences before you order one.

Archived