weights on Summit

Does anyone know if the gym on Summit has free weights?

Or does it just have machines?

I have a weight vest that takes weight plates that I'd like to bring with but I wont bring my own weights.

Thanks

Lois

You can contact Celebrity about the actual fitness equipment on the ship. However, on most cruise ships free weights mean dumb bells. There's just not room for full weight racks, smith machines, etc. Also the hazard potential of loose weight plates rolling around and your balance ability if the seas are a bit rough. Adapt your routine to dumbbells or "suffer" with machines for the short period you'll be on board. I like free weights better too but unless you're in "competition" training, your fitness level isn't going to be affected by dumbbells and machines versus free weights. Leave the weight vest, ankle weights, hand weight, etc. at home. Affect of training is minimal at best under ideal conditions. You can burn as many calories on the treadmill by just going a bit faster a bit longer. For squats a weight vest puts the extra weight in the for wrong places for form, the key element in a squat routine. Plenty of core excercises you can do without using weights. If you need them to get a better burn, just do more reps.

Archived