Golden Princess/Southern Carib. 10/3-10

awtry

Yes, althought it did get a little crowded (we were there in the morning), but it was close by and a pretty decent beach. All the bars along the beach rented chairs/umbrellas. The going rate seemed to be $10 for 2 chairs, and umbrella and two drinks. Watch out for the locals that will try to "help" you with this, we got the chairs & umbrella but no drinks. But that was the only bad experience we had with any of the locals on any of the islands for the whole cruise.

According to the port guide it would be a 20-min walk. We took a water taxi from the cruise ship dock, I think it was a couple of dollars one way, or $5 for a whole day (they gave you a wrist band). We rode it back and forth several times.

Here's a better photo of the beach later in the day.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/207688861/208751646DYPamZ

When we were there I don't remember seeing too many small kids. There are probably some other beaches that might be more fun for kids, since this one seems to get crowded with adults. On the other hand, there were tons of shells washed up on the beach there that kids would love.

• 3 weeks later...
This was our first cruise, we had a great time and the ship was fantastic. Here's a link to some of the photos we took, mostly scenic ones in ports (San Juan, Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten, St Thomas).

http://community.webshots.com/user/pawtry

Enjoy!:)

I'll be on the golden soon, the pictures were beautiful.

THank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived