Holiday Inn Express San Juan??????????????

schmoopie17

We have yet to see anyone ask about the Holiday Inn Express in San Juan. We're staying there the night before our cruise and the fact that nobody talks about this place leads us to a couple of possibilities:

1). It doesn't really exist...it's just a figment of our travel agent's imagination.

2). It's so bad that people can't find the words to describe how bad it is.

3). It's so great that people can't find the words to describe how great it is.

Don't know what part of town it's in, what it's like, how safe it is, etc. We'd hate to go all the way down there and get killed, or something...that would really put a damper on our cruise experience. :eek:

Seriously, any thoughts on this place would be appreciated. We know it's only one night, but we'd hate to get the trip off on the wrong foot. Thanks...

Gary & Linda,

Yes, the Holiday Inn in San Juan does exist. We stayed there last April with daughter and son-in-law. The hotel has been recently renovated and was clean. But, the rooms are extremely small. The bathroom was like the bathroom in your stateroom on the ship. You can use toilet, brush your teeth and bath at the same time, know what I mean. For 2 you can get by but we were trying to same cash for ship so we doubled up, little too close for the four of us. Hope this helps.

Oh Boy. I've also been curious as four of us (all girlfriends) have booked pre-cruise for one night there as well 11/27 and hadn't heard/seen anything about it till now. Guess we'll really enjoy the spaciousness of 2 to a cabin on the Golden, lol:D . I've emailed numerous times to the "new" holiday inn in San Juan hoping I could transfer my ressie but no one has bothered to reply as yet. I have a non-refundable at the express so...On the upside, we've booked a two-bedroom at the Embassy Suites for post-cruise -- would be interested in anyone's thoughts about this property as well.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Cape: We're lucky we're staying there pre-cruise as opposed to post-cruise. The anticipated extra poundage from all the food might make it feel like we have four people in the room.

Setme: Please let us know how it goes for the four of you at the end of the month. And don't leave a mess (or one on the Golden, either, since we'll be following you there, too)...:D

The one advantage is when we're onboard we can go up to the bridge and tell the captain how to steer the ship. When he asks if we've ever steered a ship before, we'll just say, "No...but we did stay at a Holiday Inn Express".

Gary & Linda - fellow Wisconsinites!

When are you guys sailing? The BF and I are also staying pre-cruise in San Juan and would love to hear what you think about the Holiday Inn if you are goin early enough!

Enjoy your cruise!

Hey, Sara...(Go Pack!)

And no, for anyone outside of Wisconsin reading this, we're not telling Sara to go pack for her cruise. :rolleyes:

Now...Back to the subject...we're cruising February 27th, so you'll be down there before us. You can let US know how it is...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Luv2travel2:

I booked a two-bedroom suite. You can find this option on their website as well. Now I'm thinking I better recheck that it's not a fluke. It's the only property I could find that had this size suite. If you find other info please let me know. Thanks.

Archived