Pre cruise Seattle

gtmerc

you have lots of time between now & next May. I suggest you read the past postings... try the port of calls area.. Pacific Northwest & United States.

It will be quiet here since Alaska cruising is basically shut down until next spring.

Enjoy!!!!

I think I'm going to book the Alexis. It's really where I want to stay and I can get a good,(well FAIR) , rate for our June date if I book now. I usually use Priceline, but no one is getting the Alexis on Priceline.

I wrote about this awhile ago (see post for early sept/late august) but I absolutely loved the Seattle Marriot waterfront. You pay extra, but keep in mind its worth it versus having a cheaper hotel, rentalcar, tranports, etc and you dont want to be rolling your luggage around the hills. The pier is less than 500 yardsaway and you just go right across the street.

I agree, the Marriott Waterfront in Seatttle is a great place to stay. We live about a half hour outside of Seattle and are staying at the Marriott Waterfront the day prior to our cruise to Alaska next year. The Marriott is centrally located to a lot of things. We usually arrive at the hotel in the morning and check our luggage (if our room is not ready). This way our car is parked at the hotel and we don't incur hefty parking charges while walking around the pier, Pikes Market, Pioneer Square, etc. The Marriott staff is wonderful, we have never had a bad experience.

The Edgewater is also very good located next to the pier 66.

Keep in mind that both the Edgewater and the Marriott are at pier 66 used by NCL and Celebrity, if you are sailing out of Terminal 30 (Princess or HAL) those do not work very well.

For terminal 30 there are not hotels within 1/2 mile. The closest are the downtown hotels. I do not know if any of them run shuttles to the piers.

If you check out a map of the area Terminal 30 is just a little south of Safeco Field.

• 4 months later...

Tonight I successfully won a bid on Priceline for the Alexis Hotel-- $112. One night pre-cruise on July 30--peak season!:p I like the location and those historical boutique hotels can be interesting.

I think I'm going to book the Alexis. It's really where I want to stay and I can get a good,(well FAIR) , rate for our June date if I book now. I usually use Priceline, but no one is getting the Alexis on Priceline.

Tonight I successfully won a bid on Priceline for the Alexis Hotel-- $112. One night pre-cruise on July 30--peak season!:p I like the location and those historical boutique hotels can be interesting.

GREAT RATE! But I'm too afraid of getting one of the other hotels to try it. Guess I'll just keep my (much):( more expensive reservation.

I agree with you when you want a certain hotel it's not worth taking a chance on getting something else. I just knew I wanted to be within easy walking distance to Pike Place Market, etc. So, I knew booking a 4* hotel in Downtown through Priceline would at least get me that. :p Since I haven't been there before, I don't have a "favorite" yet. Have you stayed at the Alexis in the past or have you actually been inside? Just curious to see if I got a decent hotel! :)

GREAT RATE! But I'm too afraid of getting one of the other hotels to try it. Guess I'll just keep my (much):( more expensive reservation.

I agree with you when you want a certain hotel it's not worth taking a chance on getting something else. I just knew I wanted to be within easy walking distance to Pike Place Market, etc. So, I knew booking a 4* hotel in Downtown through Priceline would at least get me that. :p Since I haven't been there before, I don't have a "favorite" yet. Have you stayed at the Alexis in the past or have you actually been inside? Just curious to see if I got a decent hotel! :)

The Alexis is a very nice place. You will not be dissapointed.

Archived