Barcelona Flights - When do prices fall?

nostalgiaguru

If you are going to have to stop over somewhere anyway, why not try to arrange your own connections?

For example, it would cost me less to fly Virgin from Orlando to London and then Easyjet London to Barcelona than just booking a flight to Barcelona from Orlando with an inconvenient layover somewhere.

Most flights from the U.S. arrive early the next morning. Couple that with an afternoon flight to Barcelona, it's not so bad.

DH and I did a similar connection for ourselves in Belgium. We put our luggage in a locker at the airport and went off to Brussels for a nice breakfast and some people watching and strolling.

Of course, nowadays you have to watch out for luggage restrictions on some of the smaller inter-European airlines.....

Susan

Ah, the joys of a smaller market -- from Kentucky, it appears it's actually a couple hundred dollars more to try to get to London than it is to try to get to Barcelona!

Ah, the joys of a smaller market -- from Kentucky, it appears it's actually a couple hundred dollars more to try to get to London than it is to try to get to Barcelona!

Coming from Kentucky will make it a bit more expensive but the time of year is really the biggest factor. I am also going on Voyager of the Seas in 2010 (May 2nd). I booked American Airlines from Seattle to Barcelona through JFK at $952 per person. That sample flight in early July is showing at $1367 per person and the sad part is the same flight in late February is $619.

But whatever you do I would not wait too long, my flights have already gone up $144 per person from the time I booked a month ago.

Bill

When you're married to a teacher, the window of opportunity is limited!

I do not know where in Kentucky you live, but we just booked Cincinnati to Venice, returning from Barcelona in mid-May for around $900, and were happy to get a price under $1,000!

Since we moved to the Midwest from NYC 22 years ago, we have had to pay through the nose for airfares to Europe, always at least several hundred dollars more. Not aided, of course, by one airline, Delta, owning Cincinnati, but this year, down to only 85% of the flights originating from Cinti!:)

I do not know where in Kentucky you live, but we just booked Cincinnati to Venice, returning from Barcelona in mid-May for around $900, and were happy to get a price under $1,000!

Since we moved to the Midwest from NYC 22 years ago, we have had to pay through the nose for airfares to Europe, always at least several hundred dollars more. Not aided, of course, by one airline, Delta, owning Cincinnati, but this year, down to only 85% of the flights originating from Cinti!:)

We live in the Lexington area, but prices out of Cincinnati are roughly the same, currently. I'm guessing since July is peak demand, the prices would be significantly higher than in May. But, here's hopin'.

A little off topic. I have never been on a Mediterranean cruise so I can't relate to debarkation and flying back the same day.

In all 4 Caribbean cruises I've done, I flown back on the same day with no problem.

Is a 10:45am flight out of Barcelona cutting it too close when debarkation off the Briiliance of the Seas? (RCI)

Thanks! :)

A little off topic. I have never been on a Mediterranean cruise so I can't relate to debarkation and flying back the same day.

In all 4 Caribbean cruises I've done, I flown back on the same day with no problem.

Is a 10:45am flight out of Barcelona cutting it too close when debarkation off the Briiliance of the Seas? (RCI)

Thanks! :)

I'm guessing that your looking at Continental flight to Newark. Yes it would be too close sadly. We booked that flight also but for the next day.

Archived