Mazatlan Frank, which tour??

mickym

Has any one taken the city tour with Frank that goes to the Playa Resort? Is it worth the $65 he is charging per person? It does include a lunch and a couple of drinks. His prices seem pretty high compared to other places I've found on-line. We may use him though since he comes with glowing reviews from everyone and no or very few negative comments.

For this tour, Frank's website compares a cruise ship excursion price of $69 vs his price of $65, which is a small cost savings. But, for us, choosing an independent tour operator over a ship's tour is more often to be in a smaller group. When we last toured with Frank, there were only 4 of us. It was so nice to be able to stop and hop in and out of Frank's van for photo op's; to be able to choose when and where we wanted to have lunch, and to move on when we were done; to shop as long or as little as we chose without worrying about holding up others or waiting on others. We were able to see parts of the city that the large motorcoaches would not be able to travel, due to the narrow streets. For us, spending the day with Frank was immediately like spending the day with a friend. He was very easy to talk with, and was very eager to please. Although he did have an itinerary mapped out for us, he did let us know that if there was something we preferred not to do, he had an alternative activity in mind. We will definitely book Frank again when we return to Mazatlan.

Has anyone done Franks short City and Beach tour, or the City and Massage tour? It's essentially the same tour at first where he takes us through the sights of the city, then lunch at Tony's. Then, if you chose the massage tour they take you the spa, or if you are doing the beach then you stay there (I believe it's where Tony's is).

I can't decide which option I want to go with.

Does anyone have any experience with the beach? Are there things around there to do, or will we be bored for 1-2 hours while we wait to be picked up.

Frank told me that the massage is booked with Mayan Massage. Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks!

Julie

is it customary to tip Matzatlan Frank after the tour? or any tours you go on thru the cruise lines?

We always tip for great service, regardless of who/where. We gave Frank a big tip as he was so excellent. I guess it's up to you, but if you enjoy it then I would say yes!

Hi, all,

We signed up for the full-day tour next month because, well, that's what's available. We have two adults, a 14-YO boy, and 4-and 6-YO girls. Any advice you could give us on what to expect, what to bring, or how to prepare so we all have a good time? Apparently we are joining another group of 6--here's hoping we're get along!

I know tipping is very personal, but what would be considered an appropriate tip for a tour? I do feel thatif it is Frank actually doing the tour, he is already getting most of the proceeds anyway fromt he tour cost, so how much additional would be a nice guesture?

My group just booked with Mazatlan Frank for November 24th. There are currently 4 of us on this tour - me and my DH (30's) and my parents (62). He had to create a new van so it sounds like we'll be toured around by one of Frank's associates. We are doing the all-day tour and Frank indicated that we could customize the tour any way we want.

We definitely want to go to El Mercado, tour around older parts of the city, see the cathedral, and are looking forward to Tony's on the Beach!

Are there any must see things that you would add to the tour? Is there anything you absolutely loved and was a must see or anything that was boring or not really appealing that you would skip? I would really appreciate any advice.

Archived